Advice needed - Bike seized

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Said it earlier, I've a feeling the bike is no longer in police hands.

I'd now be doing as suggested by @jefmcg, getting a quote for replacement and handing that in to the Duty Inspector.

Make a Formal Complaint, can be done at any station. But it has to be the Duty Inspector that takes that complaint. Standard proceedure, and has to be followed by the person making the complaint. Keep a record of all you speak to once you say you are making a Formal Complaint. Times and locations if they're not willing to identify themselves.

What has been the response from the BTP on this?

Gravity Aided

Legendary Member
Is there not some sort of arrangement like chain of custody? I would like to think there would be a receipt on file for every place this bicycle has been.

classic33

Leg End Member
The only other people that have yet to be brought into this, and they have a bit more clout than a mere passenger, is the company that run the station where this happened. Again standard proceedure is to keep all recordings where the BTP have been involved. Until notified they are no longer required.

OP
OP
S

simpso

Bike has been authorised to be released to me, but the place where they lock things up (located in the city centre) is now closed till tuesday.
Terrible thing is I literraly just stopped working in the city centre and start a new job on Tues in the opposite direction. :'(

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Bike has been authorised to be released to me, but the place where they lock things up (located in the city centre) is now closed till tuesday.
Terrible thing is I literraly just stopped working in the city centre and start a new job on Tues in the opposite direction. :'(

WTF - have you looked around for hidden cameras, this has to be a wind up. I cant believe even the police can be this inept :banghead:

Gez73

Veteran
I hope the bike is still a good fit for you when you get it back. ☺Hope it works out though. Gez

TreeHuggery

so you're going to be without it for a week on the grounds that it just looked like someone elses ...... gutted for you.....and total respect at your restraint......really couldn't make it up......

I want to get up right now and go to the window, open it and stick your head out and yell "I'm as mad as hell and I'm not going to take this any more"

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXqs02lNQMM

OP
OP
S

simpso

My problem is i dont know when im going to be able to go up there an get it.
Ive worked in the centre for 12 years, have been working part time - no fridays - for two years. And literally today is my last day of that. Next week im working somewhere completly different full time.
The detention place is open mon to fri 8 - 4
Really cant say on my first week in a new job oh yeah im going to be in late!

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
This whole thing seems utterly surreal, first the three goons, then the inept BTP and Police, then the failure to release the bike. Is this what we pay taxes for ? Is this the reason why GMP have written to a cyclist apologising for not investigating a collision due to lack of resources ?

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
My problem is i dont know when im going to be able to go up there an get it.
Ive worked in the centre for 12 years, have been working part time - no fridays - for two years. And literally today is my last day of that. Next week im working somewhere completly different full time.
The detention place is open mon to fri 8 - 4
Really cant say on my first week in a new job oh yeah im going to be in late!

They can jolly well deliver it to you I would hope !

OP
OP
S

simpso

I'd insist that they deliver it, or arrange a time for you to collect it from the station most convenient to you.
Its the joy of going through all the different people again to get them to do that.
Kinda draining :smile:

Top Bottom