Advice needed - Bike seized

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
This is what the term "Kafkaesque" was coined for.

That is just the word I was looking for.

I simply don't believe the Police have a secure store that nobody at all has a key for until Tuesday.

That aside, what sort of Keystone Script could have occurred that put the bike in there given its background?

The sad thing is, people can believe this sort of ineptitude exists amongst those tasked to serve us, and nobody's doubting the OP's genuine.

Lonestar

Veteran
My problem is i dont know when im going to be able to go up there an get it.
Ive worked in the centre for 12 years, have been working part time - no fridays - for two years. And literally today is my last day of that. Next week im working somewhere completly different full time.
The detention place is open mon to fri 8 - 4
Really cant say on my first week in a new job oh yeah im going to be in late!

I have the problem picking up my parcels from the Royal Mail.Their place only stays open to 1pm so I rarely finish early enough to manage to pick up my parcels on early turn.Luckily I generally wangle it in the end,even if it takes seven days.

classic33

Leg End Member
My problem is i dont know when im going to be able to go up there an get it.
Ive worked in the centre for 12 years, have been working part time - no fridays - for two years. And literally today is my last day of that. Next week im working somewhere completly different full time.
The detention place is open mon to fri 8 - 4
Really cant say on my first week in a new job oh yeah im going to be in late!
Be honest with them. Inform them that you have to collect, in a very narrow time window, property that the police have.
If further explanation is required, give a fuller explanation. You should be able to get an extended lunch hour, during which you'll be able to collect it. Even going sofar as to inform the police that you'll be collecting it between X hours on a particular date. Given what's happened sofar over this, I doubt they'd want it to get any worse.

Thomk

Guru
I simply don't believe the Police have a secure store that nobody at all has a key for until Tuesday.

That aside, what sort of Keystone Script could have occurred that put the bike in there given its background?

The sad thing is, people can believe this sort of ineptitude exists amongst those tasked to serve us, and nobody's doubting the OP's genuine.
Quite a few have expressed doubts. I think the OP could be winding you all up.

I asked myself, "but why?"

Then I remembered the banner ad in his signature.

Replaced by a simple URL now.

Lonestar

Veteran
Bike has been authorised to be released to me, but the place where they lock things up (located in the city centre) is now closed till tuesday.
Terrible thing is I literraly just stopped working in the city centre and start a new job on Tues in the opposite direction. :'(

Unfortunately mate life isn't always easy and straightforward and you just have to cope the best you can.

Quite a few have expressed doubts. I think the OP could be winding you all up.

You think he's one of those car people winding us up? He hasn't said anything about the hilarious one liner "road tax" yet.

Sorry im in a silly mood.:wacko:

classic33

Leg End Member
Sigs aren't shown to mobiles. Is it a really bad ad? Anyone admit to clicking?
The same as the site in the signature.
Let's be blunt, it sounds like bollocks.
The runaround from the police is believable. I've been there, its why the formal complaint proceedure was suggested. Which he ignored.

When doubts were raised, I said I didn't think the bike was in police hands.

Top Bottom