Advice Needed :)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Lozz360

Veteran
I bought the AF 720 recently through the C2W scheme and I am very pleased with it. Yes, I had to pay the additional £50. In fact my local Decathlon store let me buy the bike with my credit card, take delivery of it there and then, and then refunded me the £1,000 when the C2W voucher came through.

Regarding the sizing, I'm just over 6'2" so assumed I needed an XL. The staff at the store insisted I would be better off with an L size frame. I didn't believe them as it seemed too much of a coincidence as there were no XLs left in the UK! I returned to the store with a tape measure and the report of a bike fit I had recently and took the measurements of the L size bike and lo and behold it fits me perfectly!

It's no secret that @vickster hates B'Twins with a passion. She is entitled to her opinion as we all are. I just think they offer an awful lot of value given the spec you get with the AF 720.

vickster

Legendary Member
I don't hate them with any sort of passion. I just don't like the look of them compared to other bikes out there :smile: be pretty boring if we all liked and rode the same bikes ;)

How about you actually read the posts I've made :smile:

Good you are happy with your choice

Last edited:
OP
OP
Sam1992

Sam1992

Regular
I bought the AF 720 recently through the C2W scheme and I am very pleased with it. Yes, I had to pay the additional £50. In fact my local Decathlon store let me buy the bike with my credit card, take delivery of it there and then, and then refunded me the £1,000 when the C2W voucher came through.

Regarding the sizing, I'm just over 6'2" so assumed I needed an XL. The staff at the store insisted I would be better off with an L size frame. I didn't believe them as it seemed too much of a coincidence as there were no XLs left in the UK! I returned to the store with a tape measure and the report of a bike fit I had recently and took the measurements of the L size bike and lo and behold it fits me perfectly!

It's no secret that @vickster hates B'Twins with a passion. She is entitled to her opinion as we all are. I just think they offer an awful lot of value given the spec you get with the AF 720.

Thanks Loz that does help massively with you being around the same size as me.

J1888

Über Member
The value for money on that 720 AF is unreal, really tempted to go for it to replace my nicked Boardman Team Carbon, but not sure I want to go to alu for some reason

keithmac

Guru
I can't see any problem spending a grand on a bike you use everyday for commuting! (I did).

Someone on here bought one for £3k to make his working week commute easier..

If you're going to use it every day buy the one you actually like imho.

Was chatting to a mate who was buying kit for his Sunday road bike using cycle to work (he drives to work), ironically my workplace don't do CTW..

Top Bottom