Advice needed

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

postman

Legendary Member
I am fed up of ads coming on the computer on everything i look at.Mainly the newspapers.
So i am asking about free ad blockers that you lot use,if you do.Can you mention a few.Are they safe and easy to download.Because i am not sure what i am doing.

Salar

A fish out of water
I have used Adblock Plus for years. Easy to download and use.

tyred

Legendary Member
Is there not one built into your browser if you look in the settings? I use Opera and all ads are blocked. This is a feature in the broswer which can be turned on or off. Sometimes sites will ask me to disable the ad blocker (which means I don't use that site).

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
However, some websites will ask you to switch off your ad-blocker in order to view their content. Which is fair enough if you're using their free service.

I use the Ublock Origin addon in Firefox, combined with Firefox's inbuilt tracking protection.

Every time I have to browse the web without a blocker I find it more clunky, slow and unusable than the last.
How any business model based on tracking and advertising manages to still make money, I'm not sure.

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Another vote for adblock plus on Chrome. You can have it installed in about a minute.

LonesomeWanderer

Über Member
Adblock Plus pretty much fell out of favour a few years ago when it turned out they were letting certain ads through if the advertising company paid them. uBlock origin is the go-to now...

Top Bottom