Advice on Malin Head to Mizen Head.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Sligo will be the worst for camping(wild) in. Landowners not too happy with people on their land.
Consider locating camping areas before you start feeling tired.

One point worth noting, if you are planning on using "L" class roads. Watch out for mobile checkpoints on the main roads, "R" & "N". When in operation, more traffic tends to take to the back roads.

OP
OP
Cringles

Cringles

Have you tried first planning on a map, splitting it into legs and saving each leg of the trip!
Daily finish points, areas/points of interest.

I have thought of that, & I think I will do that, just so I can have aback up if map reading fails. 400 mile segments would be fine. So far, I've planned as far as Kilkee. I'm aware of plenty of places to stay, but also wanted to avoid any rushing to get to somewhere to sleep. As much as important as sleep is ha. I just want to escape the feeling of 'be here at this time'.

So far, my route is mostly back roads & N roads. I'm hugging the West coast pretty closely. I'll post a picture up once I finish the route to Cork. I'm now rethinking the Malin to Malin again. Keep changing my mind.

Unsure if this link works for anyone but me. http://www.plotaroute.com/route/43792

Top Bottom