Advice on Malin Head to Mizen Head.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Never really had any intentions of going to the Isle of Man. Just Ireland North & South for now. Then Scotland at some stage. This will be my big tour. Even the 400 mile route I've planned for the North & Donegal is big for me.
You'll not be seeing Father Teds' house then.

classic33

Leg End Member
Foxford. Birthplace of the founder of the Argentinian Navy.

jags

Guru
if you get the weather you will enjoy the tour,if you get lost just ask people are very friendly well most of them.
bring your tent a bike lock and water proofs,doesn't rain as much as people say it does but better to be looking at them than looking for them.have fun.

Ever do any yourself?
Not my self but my uncle goes that way nearly every year.

classic33

Leg End Member
Not my self but my uncle goes that way nearly every year.
This place would be familiar to him then.
Foxford.jpg

OP
OP
Cringles

Cringles

Started planning the route out on google maps. Bit frustrating when the browser crashes! So far, my approach to accommodation is ''find it on the way''. What is everyone else's approach? Do you plan somewhere to stay every 50-60 miles? Or just using common sense, tiredness. daylight etc then start looking for camp grounds or B & B?

The route I'm planning is basically from Malin Head to Malin Head.

Impossible to plan a route with Garmin Connect or Google maps. Lost 2 hours planning just from Malin Head to Kilkee, just for both to crash when saving.

Last edited:

classic33

Leg End Member
Have you tried first planning on a map, splitting it into legs and saving each leg of the trip!
Daily finish points, areas/points of interest.

jags

Guru
on the west coast righ up to galway theres plenty of campsites BnB hostals,after that not sure i only got as far as galway.

Top Bottom