advice on sleeping bag please.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
great one size fits all thanks jacke.

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
i came across this one on alpkit site its skyhigh400 only 65quid any thoughts on this bag its in my price range thanks.

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
ok thanks everyone for the advice i setteled on the pipedream 400 from alpkit i ordered it yesterday hope your wright jacke but it does look like a good bag hope it keeps me cosy .

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
well the pipedream 400 sleeping bag arrieved today and i must say it's one hell of a s/bag im really chuffed with it who recommended it to me ,thanks jacke one question is there a knack in getting it into that small stuff sack im afraid i might damage it in some way if im to rough with it ,so whats the secret please thanks again .

P.H

Über Member
Sorry if it's stating the obvious, but dont store it in the stuff sack, it'll do it no good. I store mine in a pillow case.

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
ok it did come with a pillow case i was woundering what it was for mistery solved,i have now got it in the stuff sack are you saying i should take it out until im ready to use it.

JackE

Über Member
sleeping bags

The largest of the 3 bags supplied is for long term "loose" storage. The 2 stuff sacks are for use "on the road". The compression sack (with the straps) is for making it as small as possible. I don't think I'll ever use it as the other stuff sack is small enough for my needs. You won't damage the bag by stuffing it into the small bag. The fabric on the Pipedream is amazingly strong considering how thin it is. You'll have to take care of it a bit more than one with a heavier fabric (I won't be loaning it to my 18 year old son for example).

OP
OP
J

jags

Guru
thanks jacke yeah it's a great bag very well made ,my son was going camping this weekend but weather is going to be bad so its cancelled he was under some kind of illusion he was takeing my akto tent and sleeping bag god these kids, will they ever grow up ,like he is only 26 .

JackE

Über Member
sleeping bags

Has anyone used the "sleeping bag refresher kit" as sold by: www.backpackinglight.co.uk . It's a small bag of lavender leaves/pods to which a drop of oil can be added from time to time. It's supposed to keep a bag smelling fresh and to avoid it acquiring the aroma of the "sweaty armpit". Sounds like a good idea but is it another gimmick?

Top Bottom