Advice required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vickster

Legendary Member
Pedal :whistle:

Inthecup

I know there's loads of threads on this and sorry for being daft.

Santa's bringing me Shimano PD-M540 pedals for Christmas (my mums got me them, in her loft hidden until the big day & being 32 married with 2 kids I'm still not allowed them til the 25th!). What type of shoes should I be looking at?

Cheers.

vickster

Legendary Member
SPD compatible shoes. Do you need to be able to walk any distance in them? If so, get some with recessed cleats

Specialized Tahoes are pretty good, but there are loads out there. Go to your LBS, Evans normally have a good range

You may need to go up a size or you may not, depends on the shoe and how wide your feet up

And too right that you can't have your Christmas present until Christmas :thumbsup:

Inthecup

SPD compatible shoes. Do you need to be able to walk any distance in them? If so, get some with recessed cleats

Specialized Tahoes are pretty good, but there are loads out there. Go to your LBS, Evans normally have a good range

You may need to go up a size or you may not, depends on the shoe and how wide your feet up

And too right that you can't have your Christmas present until Christmas :thumbsup:

Cheers. I imagine I'll be doing some walking but nothing major.

vickster

Legendary Member
Get recessed cleats then, so they'll be a bit more like a mountain bike shoe. The road style SPD ones don't have recessed cleats, so any hard surface will be dicey!

Top Bottom