After funeral and a relative asks, "why don't cyclists pay road tax?"

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Mod Note:
Can we please leave the riding 2 abreast topic to the plenty of other threads already in existence on CC.
Thank you!

Lonestar

Veteran
The latest I had although it seems a bit wrong for some of the know it alls at work...That I don't do early turns because I'm too scared to cycle in at that time..although I swap over for the earliest turns when I can get them...I still mingle with the traffic.....

This was from a w/panzer owner.I really do think I will just ignore it now.Let them get on with what they believe.

Nigeyy

Legendary Member
I think that's a really interesting point -and a worthwhile point to remember when the shoe might be on other foot (and I'm not suggesting you do this Reiver, I'm talking about this from a general point of view). I think everyone can have something they like/believe/hold dearly and haranguing them or making fun of them isn't always the way to go (and I know you can poke gentle fun and have a sense of humour, though I think that's best left to close friends -interestingly that seems to be the first resort of a person when they get offended when someone calls them out for it).

As a cyclist and vegetarian, I really got fed up with seeing posts about vegetarians and then the obligatory snidy negative remark and I've realized I just can't not call it out similarly. I don't understand many interests/beliefs many people have, but I ain't about to make snarky negative comments about them either.

[QUOTE 5254184, member: 9609"]I seem to be surrounded by people who love to make sarky comments about cyclists, I know in most cases they're probably just trying to have a bit of a laugh, but ffs it's boring. I don't bother responding now unless its about knocking us off at which point I will make it into an argument, a bitter argument that I will go on and on until they wish they had kept their stupid mouths shut.

We're not loved out there and mostly I don't give a ****, but sometimes it wears me down. - must be some sort of flaw in my character that I need to come onto CC to make sure I'm not alone in the hobby I love - don't know any cyclists in the real world :sad:[/QUOTE]

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I think that's a really interesting point -and a worthwhile point to remember when the shoe might be on other foot (and I'm not suggesting you do this Reiver, I'm talking about this from a general point of view). I think everyone can have something they like/believe/hold dearly and haranguing them or making fun of them isn't always the way to go (and I know you can poke gentle fun and have a sense of humour, though I think that's best left to close friends -interestingly that seems to be the first resort of a person when they get offended when someone calls them out for it).

As a cyclist and vegetarian, I really got fed up with seeing posts about vegetarians and then the obligatory snidy negative remark and I've realized I just can't not call it out similarly. I don't understand many interests/beliefs many people have, but I ain't about to make snarky negative comments about them either.
Vegetarians are OK it's the 'Preaching Vegans' that get the mickey taken. I was vegetarian for several years until a drunken encounter with a Kebab shop (Pavlos on Clarenden Park Rd./Queens Rd, he cooks over Charcoal in the shop not one of these gas thingies) Tonights dinner for instance will be Spinach and Ricotta Tortelloni in a Cheese sauce (so Milk. Butter and Cheese)

Drago

Legendary Member
I not no problems with vegetarians. None at all. It's the ones that get in my face and try and lecture me that I have an issue with. They're probably the same Muppets that prattle on about road tax.

Top Bottom