Age concerned.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ayceejay

Guru
It is something like the average time for the distance amongst members and is meant to be a way to compare your own performance, the intention is to encourage improvement I think.
Incidentally if you go to this page http://www.vtta.org.uk/information/standardstables.php you can punch in any age and distance to get the standard, note there is no way to input terrain so you must assume what Rob says ie "flat out and back".

SpokeyDokey

67, & my GP says I will officially be old at 70!
@Rob3rt

@ayceejay

Thanks.

Just having a look at the second link now.

Matthew_T

"Young and Ex-whippet"
@gavroche You didnt seem to do so badly when we went down to Betws a few weeks ago. Endo said you had loads of PR's.

I think the message is clear: You need to ride with others to improve your speed. It increases your natural instinct of competition and winning (even though its not a race).
On club rides I normally get loads of PR's in Strava because I am chasing other cyclists up hills.

screenman

Legendary Member
As you get older add another magnet on your wheel, this will up your speed considerably.

I certainly do not agree with the guy above who says you "need" to ride with others to speed up. Total piffle as it is well manageable on your own to improve speed.

PBB

Veteran
I live in a town were if I go shopping with my trailer I may as well be a zebra defecating on a phonebox for all the puzzled looks I get.

Great line, made me laugh!

(Worryingly I get similar looks from some folk when I am out on my standard bike though)

Top Bottom