Agent Maradona recalled.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Celine

Discordian
I doubt that there's a professional footballer sportsman who hasn't ever cheated.

FTFY

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
Hallelujah
1606713972791.png

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Iglesia_Maradoniana

The Iglesia Maradoniana (English: Church of Maradona; literally Maradonian Church) is a religion, created by fans of the late Argentine football player Diego Maradona, whom they believe to be the best player of all time.

I'm too stupid/lazy to find your first post, but is it 'that goal' that sticks, or was he generally an unusually cheaty player? (I take it as a given that all players in the history of the game have cheated. Apart from Gary Lineker.)
"unusually" would take some defining :P
But incidentally I do now know* that he used the handball trick in several other top-flight matches. Think he was caught once. So when he says;
"I didn't plan it that way ..." about the England match, I fetch a pinch of salt.

*source: recent interview with the docco director.

Errrm, I seem to recall that it was the UK military who fought Argentina for the Falklands, a UK territory. Many Scots, Welsh, and Northern Irish military personnel were killed and injured along with their English colleagues.
This UK/GB/English thing needs cleared up. Your football team represents England, not Britain or the United Kingdom of GB and NI.. The military is made up of personnel from the 4 nations. Your football fans should remember that the RAF is not "from England" when singing inaccurate songs!!
Maradona described the 1986 England cup win as "revenge against England"; there is little doubt that he is referring to the Falklands War.

Top Bottom