Agu Yamaska Rack Pack Review

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jig-sore

Formerly the anorak
well my Xmas pressie finally arrived this morning. An Agu Yamaska 475 Rack pack. these are available from around £30 up to £45 but most places seem to be out of stock until February 2010. i manged to find one in stock at £39.99

I'm mounting it on a Topeak Super Tourist DX Bike Rack from halfords, a well made rack that looks like it will fit most bikes...

rackpack041-1.jpg

the rack pack is aimed at light commuting and comes with detachable shoulder strap...

rackpack009.jpg

and fits on the rack using Velcro straps at each corner. in it's basic mode it's a useful size with a nice bungee on top for securing items you may want quick access too.

rackpack001.jpg

inside it's more like a camera bag with padding all around and a fully adjustable divider. there is also a small elasticated pocket, key holder and tabs under the lid.

rackpack002.jpg

the pockets on the sides are actually small panniers...

rackpack003.jpg

with nice hooks for securing to the rack...

rackpack004.jpg

and the top of the bag is expandable "camper van style" to give a fair amount of storage space.

rackpack005.jpg

and I'm sure you have noticed the pump holder...

rackpack006.jpg

another good touch is that it comes with it's own rain cover...

rackpack007.jpg

although this is not such a good fit when fully laden...

rackpack008.jpg

it seems like a well made bag with lots of options :biggrin:

I've been looking for a review of this bag, thanks.

Could you tell me how has it held up with use and what are the main compartment dimensions? (normal and expanded)

StuartG

slower but further
You can see one on my avatar. It is brilliant. I have dispensed with the bar bag (also Agu) on the basis of if it won't fit in this saddle bag it means you are carrying too much. A self limiting luggage system for the weak of leg.

IMHO Agu are the doyens of sensible cycling accessories. Quality and innovation at a decent price.

Top Bottom