Ahh yesss a nice old Sunday Roast

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stevenb

Just cooked myself a beauty of a roast chicken with roast potatoes, cauliflower, brocolli, carrots, peas and gravy.
Yum yum.:biggrin:

Even though I live on my own I still cook a roast each Sunday....has to be done. Dad taught me well as he is an ex-chef.

I remember I didn't eat as well living with my ex as I do now.
Shame I have no wine and/or beer to wash it down with. :biggrin:

TVC

Nice one Steve, I've just done a pot-roast brisket with loads of root veg, the first 'winter' meal of the autumn. I love stew season.:biggrin:

Got back from my ride this morning and had slow roasted rib of beef with roast potatoes, butternut squash, Yorkshire pudding, carrots, French beans and tomatoes. Followed it with apple and blackcurrent crumble and then roquefort and biscuits. Fortunately, I had some shiraz to wash it down.

OP
OP
stevenb

stevenb

I tried butternut squash roasted in olive oil and seasoning..tasted foul....:biggrin: ...but I ate it as I mushed it up with some potato...won't be buying that again.
Got a spare glass of Vin Rouge? :biggrin:

Abitrary

I've just been to Tesco to get the indredients for my sunday dinner, and wanted to make that Nigella Lawson pork chop thing with cider and cream that she did about 2 weeks ago.

The tesco express only had

-exclusive pear cider, for about 2 quid a little bottle...

...ok, stop the boat, I've just realised that pears are like apples and I should have stuck with that, instead of going the steak route

ChrisW

Quick 45 miles this a.m. over the Surrey Hills with a sprint back...

Bunged the leg of lamb in the oven on my return, potatoes, broccoli, green beans, gravy, mint sauce, redcurrant jelly!

Friends over so a couple fo bottles of a nicr french red..

13 YEAR OLD soN COOKED THE PUSDDING..

nOWWWW GENTLYY SQUIFFY AND POSTONG EVERYWHERE...

hURRAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

ash68

giant yorkshire pud for me,filled with 3 sausages,peas,red onions,peppers and mashed potatoes covered in gravy. After 3 everyone.... aaahhhhh Bisto.Trying to decide if I have enough room left for ambrosia creamed rice wirh a big dolup of strawberry jam..decisions...decisions.:biggrin:;)

domtyler

Über Member
ChrisW said:
Friends over so a couple fo bottles of a nicr french red..

13 YEAR OLD soN COOKED THE PUSDDING..

nOWWWW GENTLYY SQUIFFY AND POSTONG EVERYWHERE...

hURRAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

I put it to you sir that are more than slightly squiffy. Indeed, you are pissed out of your mind.

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Top gravy tip recently learnt....

Keep veggie peelings (Carrot peel really good, but other is OK) and use as a bed at the bottom of the meat roasting pan to lay the joint onto. The peelings cook in the meat juice and slowly caramelise.
When the joint's done, place roasting pan onto hob, stir-in a tablespoon of flour (plain), make sure it's nicely dispersed, add a glass or red wine, and after a minute add-in 1/2 to 3/4 pint of stock (NB use home-made stock OR veg stock/Buillon-cubes/powder...Bisto will kill it)....reduce to a consistency of your choosing and then strain through a sieve and serve.

Chuffing marvellous gravy with a wonderful complex flavour.

Three grandsons ( 6, 8 & 11) stayed over weekend whiletheir mother was in Dublin at a wedding.

Those kids just love roast with all trimmings, especially parsnips.

Top Bottom