AI text generation

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I don't often come to this bit of the forum, so this may already have been discussed. I did a quick search and didn't find anything.

A few months ago some researchers unveiled a thing called GPT-2, which generates plausible human-like text. They didn't release the full fat version because it's just too good. The possible use for generating fake news type stuff is very worrying.

They did release an underpowered version and you can play with it here. https://talktotransformer.com/ (and other places)

Put in a bit of "seed" text to get it started and see what it comes up with. It may be hilarious, weird, or frustratingly spooky when it almost makes sense, but not quite. Here's a little example. (Seed text in bold).

I've been so tempted to use it to compose a few replies on here.

CycleChat is a fun and friendly cycling community, but it also attracts people who spend a lot of time on social media.

It's hard to track the growth in cycling users without collecting individual bike data online, but some experts agree that online cycling is growing fast.

While they may have trouble breaking out ridership by city, experts agree that people use bicycles less and more as they get older.

"Cycling has the potential to bring new uses to our cities," says Robert Parnell, a senior vice president at transportation research firm IRI, who points to the growth of bike-share programs worldwide.

He calls cycling more accessible and accessible than walking, though both types of activity carry some risks, including impaired speed and the potential impacts of alcohol or drug use. (That doesn't mean a bicycle is necessarily safer than driving, says Parnell, which is why some cities choose to install blind-signal crosswalks in some areas of their cities, instead of the less popular single-blind crosswalks often employed by cars).

The good news, experts agree, is that there are many factors impacting cycling's growth and spread.

It depends on where you have it (some cities have a thriving online cycling community where people can share their rides to others).

How to fix a bicycle puncture:
1. Remove the rear wheel (you'll see it on the bottom bracket): If you're concerned about your puncture chances, try a smaller tire. On larger tires, you can remove the rear wheel with the handlebar assembly (it might slide off). Use a torque wrench to loosen the rear and help pull out the tire.
2. Remove the brake caliper cover (you can see it lying on the ground): Remove the caliper cover for the wheel bearings and loosen the caliper nuts.
3. Remove the brake disc. It might seem hard to see, but remove the disc first: This is part number 1431: "Cleaning and Cleaning the Brake Disc." This part covers everything from rusted brakes to grease that's fallen off the disc surface to cleaning the brake lines that run at the bottom of the disc, especially the bottom of the disc. To find out what part number it is, go to MyBC-Parts .
4. Remove the rear wheel bearing (you might notice a light crack with it lying on the ground):
5. Remove a screw holding the front wheels on to the rear wheel:
6. Remove the plastic wheel (the plastic bearing might not be there):
7. Remove the wheels (it might seem really light, but there were lots of the front wheels there

Last edited:

twentysix by twentyfive

Clinging on tightly
:wacko:

:laugh:

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I got as far as screw holding the front wheel on to the rear wheel. Does this screw have a normal or reverse thread?
Let me ask. Oh good. It's glad I asked.

I got as far as screw holding the front wheel on to the rear wheel. Does this screw have a normal or reverse thread? Also, what is in a proper bolt catch? I was concerned the front bolt might fail.

I am glad you asked. This is a reverse thread bolt catch, in fact, it's one of the things I originally bought. It's not the first time I've tried this, but I believe the first time it worked OK and seemed to be working well. I had to do some serious work on the rear wheel to get it to fit, which took some practice. This is not easy to do well for someone starting with a new car, but the parts they use were very reliable and very good quality. I know you have to get to know the part, but you need to get that to work in this case.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
I can see where some fake Amazon and E-bay product reviews come from now, they sound scarily similar
Or it could be that the AI got some product reviews in its training data and is impersonating them. And perhaps these were artificially generated. So it might be an AI trying to sound like an AI trying to sound like a human.

Edit. I see what you mean:

Rated 5 out of 5 by Serenas from Super useful! I love this product for my kids' hair. You have to be careful with them as with the hair that they have on. Some hair is very frizzy, some hair may look very thick. But I bought the 2 oz because I saw it had a little bit of frizz around the edges to be sure it would work.

Rated 2 out of 5 by lucyb817 from It has too much plastic on it I bought 2 oz. of this at 6:40 am and have used it up. The plastic coating has been going everywhere and on anything that is sticky (even my hair). If you think you may need the wax just put some wax on your hair and stick it on. I've tried with all kinds of waxes and they all don't last the day or have any sort of durability. It also has too much plastic on it. It seems to get in your pores and break them away from your hair.

Rated 5 out of 5 by bv from Not only does this product work, it is really effective in hair loss I have used this with great results, the best I could expect! It doesn't strip the hair but as some customers have mentioned there is some mild waxiness in the formula, however, this is a really important thing because it helps to keep our hair clean

Last edited:

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
There's more than a hint of Donald Trump about its style, the big orange oaf is just a hologram accompanying this isn't it?
President boo.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
There's more than a hint of Donald Trump about its style, the big orange oaf is just a hologram accompanying this isn't it?
Speak of the devil...

There are several reasons for his inactivity.

First, Trump has yet to find a role that would lead him to accept his office duties. The president-elect has declined to take questions on the front lines. He also is refusing to attend any White House press briefings.

The president-elect's lack of attention on Saturday signals he will be in charge longer. The president-elect has said he will give Trump plenty of opportunities to fill his empty and untenable positions. Trump was reportedly very anxious to be in charge of the national security bureaucracy when he first entered the presidential race – but he had given so much thought to the presidency that he would not need to fill it. But as the clock ticks into Wednesday, it is becoming increasingly clear that his presidency will be run much differently than he thought.

OP
OP
Dogtrousers

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
Just tried it on the e bike thread and @jowwy replied to the transformer!
I think that's highly unethical. But I'll let you off.

If you want to see the future of internet discussions, go to https://www.reddit.com/r/SubSimulatorGPT2/

This is a discussion forum populated entirely by bots making stuff up. I think. At least it was a week or two ago. I'm now wondering if there may be real people in there now.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
This is fun!

I need to take the rubbish bins out. Can I help you?" "I'm sorry, but I can't take your rubbish out." "OK, OK, no problem, but I'm sorry, you can't put your rubbish in here. It's the only place it's safe. You've got to ask some staff or you'll miss your dinner." "OK, OK. Sorry, I'm fine." "You'll need to do something else." "OK, I'll see what I can do. Can I leave some of my dinner on your table, just in case?" "No, sorry about that." "OK." "Sorry about that." "I'll check." "OK. Can I leave some tea bag on your coffee table, just in case?" "Yes, if you're a student." "OK?" "Can I put some sweets on that?" "Of course, it's not possible." "OK." "Can I come in later?" "OK. I don't mind." "OK." My girlfriend came back on Friday. She sat down to lunch with me, and asked for a drink of water. And, of course, I said no.

I was so worried I couldn't say no to my girlfriend, since the school did allow us to use the same toilet so long as it was on the same floor.

What was I

Top Bottom