Air Zound

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
gaz said:
I'm considering getting one of these, but where to put it on the bike? i got overside handle bars for about an inch and a bit, and then they go kinda aero flat for the palms and then the drops come in.

I've seen on there website it's possible to mount in the drops, but i like to use my drops and wouldn't be able to cover my brakes whilst on them...
airzound_on_drop.jpg

So before i buy.. how have other roadies with oversized drop handle bars mounted theres?

That held on by a cable tie?
I have mine on standard bars on the hoods but that looks sweet:biggrin:
Although would they not be better with button on the inside?

Attachments

• airzound_on_drop.jpg
    airzound_on_drop.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 45

thomas

the tank engine
http://www.airzound.co.uk/how-loud-is-the-airzound/

Not read anything but the OP...but I've put a little audio clip on that page.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
From airzound`s faq

Oversized handlebar
To attach your AZ onto oversized handlebars (i.e. up to 1 1/4"): remove the volume knob from the
horn; press horn onto handlebar without the clamp using the thin shim; wrap the two 8" cable ties
in opposite directions through the volume knob hole and around the horn (above the back cap
and below the button); place the air bottle in the bottle cage.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Ok i took the plunge and got one. it's awesome. I've got it installed under the hood so i can brake and press it at the same time.

Only issue i have is on 3 pumps i've tried it with pressure gauges. none of them read a pressure?!!!

gaz said:
Ok i took the plunge and got one. it's awesome. I've got it installed under the hood so i can brake and press it at the same time.

Only issue i have is on 3 pumps i've tried it with pressure gauges. none of them read a pressure?!!!

Have you tried playing with the valve 'knob' (the twisty one for sound level) I wonder if it's position might stop the pump being able to read the pressure?

Armegatron

gaz said:

Welcome to the club :biggrin:

Davidc

Guru
hackbike 666 said:
Modified the horn buttons tonight.Two fitted like last time gives me a bit more of a target to aim for but they aren't as sensitive.I like the 12v horn setup I could swear they are louder than the 6v set.Very effective as well.:biggrin:

What electric horn do you use?

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
BentMikey said:
Got a photo of your setup, Gaz?

aww damn i forgot to take one as i was coming in.
although it's very similar to this (below), under the left hood in this way.. I can easily set it off with my smallest finger whilst on the hoods and whilst braking, i can also set it off with a few other fingers with my hands in a different position. It does block the use of the brakes whilst on the drops. i can still use the brake but it's uncomfortable, just limit my self on the drops to a few long clear stretches of road.

airzound_on_drop.jpg

Attachments

• airzound_on_drop.jpg
    airzound_on_drop.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 31

Smithy

Veteran
I've got one after reading about it on here, well worth the money.

Car drivers do hear it and so do pedestrians when they step off the pavement into the road without looking.

I had some kids who thought it would be funny to run towards me screaming their heads off trying to 'frighten' me who soon jumped when I pressed the button.

One word of warning though, be careful so you don't accidentally set it off by mistake as you will jump off your saddle. :angry:

Coco

Smithy said:
One word of warning though, be careful so you don't accidentally set it off by mistake as you will jump off your saddle. :angry:

And never, ever, ever, do that in your shed:hyper: