Airbnb question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Debade

Über Member
There is no insurance on the US or any countries' cards when it is used fraudulently or when its use is unauthorised. You make a claim to your bank and they will initiate a charge-back and credit your account if it was not unauthorised by you.
Yes, you are right. It is not insurance but it seems to act in the same way for fraudulent charges.

OP
OP
slowmotion

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
The very pleasant self-catering tiny AirBnB flat that they were looking at in NY seemed ideal but not at all inexpensive. The small print came from the owners, who were Vegans.
No Animal Products Allowed In The Apartment. We lost interest at that point. What else would they whine about? Not aligning our slippers along a ley line or something?

Edit: Their pickiness-by-proxy of what we ate was not advertised in their listing.

Last edited:
Reactions: SD1

SD1

Stayed at the same Airbnb twice. Second time his girlfriend booked a Russian candle seller in for the same weekend. The bloke contacted me about an hour before I arrived to inform me. BUT he said " it is okay my father is seriously ill in hospital, you can stay in his house"? Weird situation.
His father is (or was) 90+ and had last decorated....well a long long time ago. The bathroom was bareboards and there was an odd smell. There was 2 hungry cats staring and pawing at the window while I was trying to eat breakfast. Couldn't find any sheets so he made my bed with a table cloth.
I pointed out that this wasn't what I had booked! "but you have a whole house not just a bedroom". We agreed on a compromise he knocked a tenner off 3 the days I stayed and I agreed not to give him the worse feedback ever! He was one of those mad professor types, who thought he could turn his hand to anything. Decided to become a professional photographer (among other things) and went bankrupt. He showed me some of his photography.... absolute shite!!!!

Last edited:
Top Bottom