AirZound horns

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Got one. Wouldn't dream of using it for a ped.

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
300 lumens flashing probably couldn't see anything at all... :wacko:

I think they saw me but thought i was going slower than around 15mph,therefore thinking it was safe to just wander into my path. But the ones who step out with their backs to me are the worry. 1000 lumens and they still wont see me,that's why i want to make them aware of my presence with some sound. I have one of these http://www.amazon.co.uk/Parkers-Chr...ter/dp/B000VQT1RG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1415 on one of my bikes. I've noticed that they do make pedestrians take notice but for cars i don't think they're effective enough!

Last edited:

sidevalve

Über Member
To try to bast your way through on the horn is no different than a car doing the same to a bunch of cyclists and what would the reaction be to that ? Had that ped in the last clip tripped and fallen you would [assuming you didn't just ride off] be in serious trouble.
Arrogance and impatience comes in many forms and is not it seems confined to motorists.

sidevalve

Über Member
Just noticed the above - I suspect an AK47 would be quite effective also.

Gasman

Old enough to know better, too old to care!
I used to have one of these,
31274310.jpg

It gives a loud electronic squawk and it prevented a couple of nasty situations from developing. The above example maybe isn't the best use but it does illustrate a problem. Peds and others if they hear a bell at all will react by stopping where they are, looking round and saying, "What's that?". An Airzound or the Megahorn is much more audible and peds react by getting the f@(& out of the way and asking questions (or hurling abuse) later.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I have never found this to be the case, and I cycle in central London, and I have never yet collided with a pedestrian. You sound like every speed apologist ever.

You may remember that this was exactly the same disingenuous argument put forward by coach drivers when they were going to be speed limited. "We sometimes need to accelerate to avoid a problem". No you don't. The first thing you should be doing if you see a problem is slowing down and the same applies to cyclists

Top Bottom