AirZound horns

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
[QUOTE 3366476, member: 45"]If you're using it in a courteous manner you're as well using your voice.[/QUOTE]

That could be a problem.

Mugshot

Cracking a solo.
A ped stepped into my path last night. For some reason I shouted 'Woah! Ahoy there", which made me sound like a bit of a nobber. But not as much of a nobber as if I had a bloody Airzound.
Could have been worse, you could have shouted "Avast behind!" and got yourself a smack on the hooter.

Last edited:
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Ah, I wasn't aware of that so apologies for my flippant reply @Accy cyclist.

Still, a bell is all you need if you're wanting to warn people you're arriving. A foghorn is overkill.

Ah, I wasn't aware of that so apologies for my flippant reply @Accy cyclist.

Still, a bell is all you need if you're wanting to warn people you're arriving. A foghorn is overkill.
A ped stepped into my path last night. For some reason I shouted 'Woah! Ahoy there", which made me sound like a bit of a nobber. But not as much of a nobber as if I had a bloody Airzound.

What if that ped had been a car pulling out Would your shout have been heard by the one in their nearly soundproof comfort zone? A shout or a tinkle tinkle from a bell isn't going to be heard but 120 decibels maybe yes?!

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
A ped stepped into my path last night. For some reason I shouted 'Woah! Ahoy there", which made me sound like a bit of a nobber.

I've occasionally spontaneously shouted "Have a care!" In that situation and found myself with the same puzzled expression as the ped as I wonder "where the fark did that come from?"

GC

AndyRM

XOXO
Don't go in the helmet sub section then whatever you do.

Here-There-Be-Monsters.jpg

sheffgirl

I would only use an airzound to alert drivers, not pedestrians, it is too much,and likely to scare people and make them react unpredictably.
II've not had a bell for a while, I squashed it falling off the bike :laugh:
Had to resort to shouting 'excuse me' so they are aware i am there and aren't going to step into my path. They dont always hear me though :sad:

Top Bottom