AirZound horns

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
"Parp! Out of my way, I am far more important than mere peds, PARP, listen to my PARP, ye mighty, and despair".

That is just a normal bell. An airzound on a pedestrian is more akin to screaming obscenities at them through a megaphone.

So it's not ok for a car driver to beep his horn at me to intimidate me to move out of the way but it is ok for a cyclist to do it to a pedestrian. You need to reassess your values

quite agree, the most antagonising thing that happens to me is a car horn when I'm riding, it took me a while to train friends and colleagues out of the habit of giving me a friendly toot as they went past because of the negative connotation and fear factor it generates.

I can't see any valid reason for using for an airzound on a more vulnerable member of the road use pecking order.

That is just a normal bell. An airzound on a pedestrian is more akin to screaming obscenities at them through a megaphone.
quite agree, the most antagonising thing that happens to me is a car horn when I'm riding, it took me a while to train friends and colleagues out of the habit of giving me a friendly toot as they went past because of the negative connotation and fear factor it generates.

I can't see any valid reason for using for an airzound on a more vulnerable member of the road use pecking order.

Luckily the airzound can be muted for general use but on the open road it can be a life saver I use a squeaky horn most of the time
the disadvantage even with the bigger air bottle is the number of uses , so it is a case of use only when really needed .

regards

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
Luckily the airzound can be muted for general use but on the open road it can be a life saver I use a squeaky horn most of the time
the disadvantage even with the bigger air bottle is the number of uses , so it is a case of use only when really needed .

regards
I can see that, on an open road or to demand the attention of the occupant of a motor vehicle in e.g.'s such as Byegad quoted I've not such an issue but I'm taking (& maybe wrongly) my perspective of where & against whom Accy intends to use if from the still shot of the vid in his opening post, very much in the realm of residences and buildings and nice walls to reverberate off and potentially dogs and kids to terrify etc & he's specific about using it on people unprotected by vehicular soundproofing in his very near vicinity, in my experience stupid or oblivious pedestrians are much more an urban phenomenon than an open road one.

byegad

Legendary Member
I have just got one for the trike , it is LOUD !:wahhey: . the main problem for me is they are designed to handlebar mount and under seat steering does present a fixing opportunity . :banghead:

regards emma
Mount the reservoir behind the seat I used zip ties, and the horn under my thumb on the same side making sure the line between them doesn't over-stretch on full lock one way nor trail on the ground full lock the other. Worked on my QNT, for the Kettwiesel I simply mounted the reservoir under the left side of the handlebars under the seat and wrapped the line over to the right to position the switch/horn unit.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
No need for an airzound against peds in the clip you showed. As already stated, let them cross safely then proceed.

I ditched the airzound two years ago and in that time there has not been a single situation with a ped where my bell, or easing off speed, wasn't sufficient. With motorists there have been about six incidents where a horn might have been useful but my lungs are in full working order. (And that lets me use my hands to brake/steer without faffing about for a button.)

GC

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
The honked chap was on his own. Could have easily gone around him with enough space. Why honk? Just to make a video nasty?

Dan B

Disengaged member
You forgot to finish him off with mace.
MACE28.JPG

Top Bottom