AirZound horns

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I would only use an airzound to alert drivers, not pedestrians, it is too much,and likely to scare people and make them react unpredictably.
II've not had a bell for a while, I squashed it falling off the bike :laugh:
Had to resort to shouting 'excuse me' so they are aware i am there and aren't going to step into my path. They dont always hear me though :sad:

Yes but they'd hear you if you had an airzound and gave it a gentle toot,:thumbsup:

OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Well i've had an airzound horn for three weeks now. It's fixed to one of my bikes as the bracket's a bit difficult to swap around. I've used it sparingly most times i go out just once or twice to warn other road users of my presence. I've only had one altercation when some idiot overtook me then suddenly braked. I knew what was coming next so i let rip just as i was about to be doored! They didn't like being reminded that it's not sensible to let a car door fly open as a cyclist's passing so they effed and jeffed while i gave them another blast. I think the sound woke them up from their slumber and made them hesitate about dooring me whereas a bell or a shout wouldn't have had an affect!

Well i've had an airzound horn for three weeks now. It's fixed to one of my bikes as the bracket's a bit difficult to swap around. I've used it sparingly most times i go out just once or twice to warn other road users of my presence. I've only had one altercation when some idiot overtook me then suddenly braked. I knew what was coming next so i let rip just as i was about to be doored! They didn't like being reminded that it's not sensible to let a car door fly open as a cyclist's passing so they effed and jeffed while i gave them another blast. I think the sound woke them up from their slumber and made them hesitate about dooring me whereas a bell or a shout wouldn't have had an affect!

Which is where the Airzound works so well

As a bonus it also attracts the attention of others... useful witnesses

Top Bottom