1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Alan Wardle Sports Tours

Discussion in 'Touring and Adventure Cycling' started by andy_wrx, 18 Jul 2007.

1. cisamcgu

cisamcgu Veteran

Never used them, but I have met Alan - he seemed a very nice chap. We rented a cottage from him - the one on his web-site actually - he calls it his cycle-centre, but it is just a large, very pleasant cottage. Had no idea he ran cycle-tours until we got there.

And I agree, the name is a little scary :tongue:

2. Cheers.

They seem a bit...disorganised in their organisation, shall we say.

I rang the website number (a mobile) to enquire about the trip I'm interested in, only to find I was talking to someone obviously driving, we managed a very short broken-up conversation before he was cut-off.

But turns-out the trip I was interested in hasn't had enough interest and they're not running it.

Kinda looks like it's run as a sideline business, not a big glossy holiday/tour company.

Which I guess could still mean it's a good trip : what matters is that the organisation and the leaders on the trip itself are good, not that there's a big expensive back-office.

And that the group dynamics work and the weather doesn't ruin it, of course !