Alcohol guidelines

Do you weekly drink more alcohol than is recommended (14 for women 21 for men)?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Aperitif said:
Ask the powers that be what is written on the back of the wine bottles at the House of Commons, and has been for ages. 75cl I think (never looked ;)).

The whole thing is a load of baloney which will mean/lead to more money passing from your pocket into that of the "government" - I use the term loosely - in order to pay for the fiasco that is British Politics. Cheating, thieving sods for the most part, with not a care for you or me.
If only 'being in government' meant 'radiating integrity' eh?

Well the new stuff might have something much more scary on ... the calorie. Actually I did laugh when I heard this thinking that some government minister would try and scare people into not drinking alcohol for fear of putting on weight because calories sound quite scary to some people. It sounded quite funny as it'd probably have more effect than the current system. You might as well start cigarette style warnings on bottles of wine - drinking is sinning :blush:.

jonesy

Guru
marinyork said:
Oh I thought they were getting rid of the guidelines but expressing everything on bottles in centilitres as they didn't like the unit for some mystical reason.

I think the reason is that they want to be seen to be saying something about alcohol, but don't want to do anything that will upset the drinks industry and the supermarkets.

Darryl

Some weeks I drink no alcohol, other weeks more than the 21 units. It is a matter of principle to ignore such guidelines

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
karen.488walker said:
Am disappointed, thought more would be over than this. Have been fooling myself!

It's not 10pm on a friday night yet, it might swing back towards the yes side in a couple of hours time.

I don't drink anything like the guidelines. It's really funny when I go out on cycles with other people and they manage 3 or 4 pints.

Wigsie

Nincompoop
I voted No as I don't drink much in the week, but if I go out (once a month or once a fortnight) I will binge my socks off and drink more than a months supply!

marinyork said:
It's not 10pm on a friday night yet, it might swing back towards the yes side in a couple of hours time.

I don't drink anything like the guidelines. It's really funny when I go out on cycles with other people and they manage 3 or 4 pints.

...while you are on your sixth.

Be careful now Paul - 'we' are watching you! ;)

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
I don't generally drink anything like the max recommendations, but periodically maybe every two or three months go on a bender with old friends and probably drink more than a weeks amount in a night:blush:. So i guess i am one of those much berated binge drinkers. Saying that it tends to be in fairly civilized surroundings everyone is well behaved, so not the stereotyped "when drinkers go bad";) trash tv documentary subject matter.

The big problem I have is the 'drink with' recommendation. "Enjoy responsibly" with chicken, or lamb, or strong meat, seafood. Anything with eyes etc...
As I don't 'do' any of that stuff, it is pleasing to see the words
"Drink alone as an aperitif"
;)
Perfect.

threebikesmcginty

Corn Fed Hick...
Aperitif said:
The big problem I have is the 'drink with' recommendation. "Enjoy responsibly" with chicken, or lamb, or strong meat, seafood. Anything with eyes etc...
As I don't 'do' any of that stuff, it is pleasing to see the words
"Drink alone as an aperitif"
:blush:
Perfect.

Maybe the odd giant bag of Tyrells though, eh? ;)

threebikesmcginty said:
Maybe the odd giant bag of Tyrells though, eh? ;)

That wasn't giant - it was a trick of perspective.
Tonight, I got Tyrell's again - this time Blacksmith and anvil flavour - I forget. Hang on, I'll go and check the bin...

..."Ale and Cheese" "Dorothy Goodbody Ale & Mature Cheddar Cheese Potato Chips"

Told you it was something to do with tradesmen - it's cobblers! Only a Chilean Chardonnay tonight though - need to be on the bike tomorrow.

rich p

ridiculous old lush
Aperitif said:
That wasn't giant - it was a trick of perspective.
Tonight, I got Tyrell's again - this time Blacksmith and anvil flavour - I forget. Hang on, I'll go and check the bin...

..."Ale and Cheese" "Dorothy Goodbody Ale & Mature Cheddar Cheese Potato Chips"

Told you it was something to do with tradesmen - it's cobblers! Only a Chilean Chardonnay tonight though - need to be on the bike tomorrow.

That's you to a tee, Ape, ale and arty;)

Top Bottom