Alcohol guidelines

Do you weekly drink more alcohol than is recommended (14 for women 21 for men)?

• Yes

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have read a quote from a doctor that sat on the committee that decide what the safe quantity to drink was (sorry can't find it at present).
The figure they came up with amounted to a bottle of red per day, which seemed a bit much. So they halved it.

karen.488walker said:
Whilst abstaining for January was wondering how many people regularly drink more than the govt guidelines.

Probably. But given that they're figures plucked out of the air, I'm not too bothered.:evil:

theclaud

Openly Marxist
Piemaster said:
The figure they came up with amounted to a bottle of red per day, which seemed a bit much. So they halved it.

Half a bottle of red a day is pretty much the definition of a health drink. Who are these people to whom it seemed a bit much?

No.Im a good boy now.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I ticked the No box - probably have alcohol fairly frequently but in small amounts - so just one glass of wine. Saying that I'm here having a hot toddy to help me get back to sleep.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
I'm an adult. I make up my own mind about how much I should be drinking, and quite often I've decided the weekly limit is just fine for a Friday night.

At the moment I have decided not to drink alcohol till April.

MY CHOICE - not the bloody government.

montage

God Almighty
Evening at the pub - about 4 pints, do this every other week tops.
Night out in town.....no more than once a month, most likely less... probs up to 12 pints worth (though alot of that will be shots rather than pints)
I don't like being heavily drunk, so often drink far less than the above

BuzzyJace

I quite like recreational poison but find it quite hard to drink over the recommended weekly dose. A combination of disliking the cheap stuff, and finding sufficient time to alter my consciousness from one form to the next and back again before work means I tend to only manage around 16-20 units a week. Poor me, pour me another one. ;)

BuzzyJace

Kestevan said:
I'm an adult. I make up my own mind about how much I should be drinking, and quite often I've decided the weekly limit is just fine for a Friday night.

At the moment I have decided not to drink alcohol till April.

MY CHOICE - not the bloody government.

Has the government actively tried to change your mind?

Top Bottom