Aldi cycle stuff out 25th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm probably just naive, first winter on the saddle approaching!

migrantwing

Veteran
Was tempted by the green and white cycling jersey but tried one on and it didn't fit tight enough. I find with a lot of the ALDI/LIDL stuff, the clothes fit but always have a section that doesn't, be it the shoulders are baggy, the arms too long or the body is too short/long. I have a very slender frame but am of an athletic build and have wide shoulders and large neck for my size. Stuff still doesn't seem to fit, though.

maltloaf

Plenty of stuff in Gloucester (Quedgeley) Aldi although mostly Medium sized jackets. Picked up a £17 winter jacket. Fancied a £30 pro jacket but decided the winter jacket was better as half the price and a bit more flexible usage wise.

Also got some GT85 (can't leave it there for £2) and some more of their tremendous cycling socks as I think either my washing machine (or baby daughter) eat them.

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
i am also tempted to try the shoes as my 15 year old trainers have finally died

well i got the shoes and did a 20 mile ride in them yesterday very comfy , lets see what happens as time goes by , looked at the overshoes but forgot to put them in the basket , doh .

then walking round car boot yesterday am found a pr of as new Altura ones so got them instead

Justinslow

Lovely jubbly
Wasn't going to buy anything, ended up with socks, leg warmers, winter Jersey, helmet cover and a heart rate monitor! doh!:headshake:

J1888

Über Member
Waiting for my brother to send me the winter jacket - he sent me a photo and looks pretty good!

migrantwing

Veteran
Ended up with some bibs. They're slightly too long in the leg but not by much. Very warm for cold weather/Winter riding.

sgl5gjr

popped in again for the weekly shop....and picked up a matching (with the winter jersey) Winter jacket and managed to get some shoes too.....at least I won't clip clop in shops like my Shimano road shoes do..lol

potsy

Rambler
I went in for a loaf of bread and came out with another 2 pairs of the socks, not the woolly ones this time but the normal 2.99 ones, worn today and they are really nice, bit thicker than last years I reckon, might get another couple of pairs if they've any left next week :thumbsup:

migrantwing

Veteran
I can't remember if they reduce the bike stuff after a while when they have a special to get rid of the stock, or just send it back to the supplier.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Thanks, they [light overshoes] sound ideal! My sister shops in Aldi and is visiting me next week so I will see if she can pick up a pair for me. (My nearest store is about 9 miles from here so it is a bit of a trek unless I happen to be in Halifax to go to the hospital.)
She arrived with a pair of the overshoes for me, an early Christmas present ... (I said that I needed them now, not at the end of December because I already have a heavy-duty pair of overshoes to wear in really cold weather.)

They should keep my feet warm on chilly days. I will try them out on the Season of Mists audax ride on Sunday. It is nearly always a cold start at 09:00, and there are lots of fast descents throughout the route during which feet can become uncomfortable.

iggibizzle

Good test for the aldi stuff today in wind and heavy rain, along blackpool prom- tide in. Nice and warm, (maybe a bit too warm) and top half pretty dry. Top marks.

Top Bottom