Aldi cycle stuff out 25th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I think my local Aldi has a big magnet that affects my car. When I went past it yesterday, my car just steered into the car park and there was nothing I could do about it! So I went in and came out with a pair of arm warmers.

crazyjoe101

I went in the other day and got some merino blend socks.
I went in again today and got another pair, along with a balaclava (lol), marino base layer, merino leggings and the 'performance' compression base layer tights.

Has anyone got any experience with the merino bottoms? I hear everyone raving about getting a merino top but have never heard of merino bottoms. I want something to go under my longs for when it gets really cold and I'm not sure if I should go with the 'performance' base layer thing or the merino one.

crazyjoe101

Having tried on the meriono stuff (should have done so before posting), I can see that it's too losely fitting for what I want so I'll get my £30 back and buy a top base layer as the weather gets colder. I'm going to risk keeping the compression leggings and see how they work out.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Tried the rain hat thing Monday as it was peeing it down, blew off after a couple of miles and i did not realize till i got to work, found it on the way home .Could be the shape of my helmet as i had the spesh align which is a bit bigger than most .

Julia9054

Guru
Got the winter gloves. They are awesomely warm.
Though I am taking them off carefully as they feel like they might do that lose the lining inside out squid thing!

potsy

Rambler
Got the winter gloves. They are awesomely warm.
Though I am taking them off carefully as they feel like they might do that lose the lining inside out squid thing!
Yes they do and are a pain to put back in again, nice and warm though, wore my new pair this morning at 5.30am when it was v cold :cold:

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
They're not neoprene, and not waterproof. They're very good for warmth though - get a size larger than you think you need, in my experience.
I got a pair of size 10-11 for my size 10 feet. These overshoes are huge, probably more like a size 12-13! They certainly keep my feet warm but I could really do with a size smaller. It looks like they overcompensated when they adjusted the sizing! :laugh:

cyberknight

Yes they do and are a pain to put back in again, nice and warm though, wore my new pair this morning at 5.30am when it was v cold :cold:
Still using a pair from a few years ago, lining ripped but still good for early morning autumn chill .I doubt they are warm enough for winter but then again i suffer with my hands so i like to keep them warm.
Ask @MickeyBlueEyes who was wearing fingerless gloves when i had them on yesterday :smile: , they were a bit warm for afternoon ride though .

cyberknight

I got a pair of size 10-11 for my size 10 feet. These overshoes are huge, probably more like a size 12-13! They certainly keep my feet warm but I could really do with a size smaller. It looks like they overcompensated when they adjusted the sizing! :laugh:
And they wear out very quickly , zip broke and toe section ripped easily on my last lot .

Creakycrank

I bought a Bicycle toolkit from Aldi about a year ago, to deal with the family fleet of "modern" bicycles five of them, plus the friends bicycles that I service at home.
Not too bad, the cassette splined socket, crank extractor tool, chain whip and tyre levers are still holding up after numerous the chain tool works as advertised, there are a couple of pressed steel spanners I have never used, mainly because I have plenty of old favourites, but in the main worth the money, and it could save you alot of money in servicing costs, if you can DIY it.
The other thing I bought at the same time on a whim that turned out to be very effective are Reflective Spokes by 3M, they are about 100mm long and clip on to your spokes, you get 36 in a pack, if you put one on every 4th spoke, you can do two bicycles! and they work really well, and don't look ridiculous, they were about a fiver as I remember, and they are still there a year later, as good as the day they were put on.

jiberjaber

Veteran
Finally got round to putting the cycle stand together to take a look at it, still need to clear some space to use it but after finally reading through the instructions I managed to put it together in the right order LOL... its going to need some padding on the arms to protect the bikes hung from it, but should be OK.

standalone

MickeyBlueEyes

Eat, Sleep, Ride, Repeat.
Still using a pair from a few years ago, lining ripped but still good for early morning autumn chill .I doubt they are warm enough for winter but then again i suffer with my hands so i like to keep them warm.
Ask @MickeyBlueEyes who was wearing fingerless gloves when i had them on yesterday :smile: , they were a bit warm for afternoon ride though .
Oh yes, twas much too warm for full finger on the return leg. At the minute I opt for Decathlon ski liners under fingerless for the morning, then pocket the liners for the PM trip.

Top Bottom