Aldi Cycling Event Sunday 29th June

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gersin008

[QUOTE 3155441, member: 45"]Just been in. Only small left in the mitts. A few jerseys and shorts left. Couldn't see the GPS watches anywhere, but then again this store doesn't have the glass cabinet where they keep the electronic stuff.[/QUOTE]

I add to ask for the watch in the Ayr store, they appeared to be kept through the back of the shop

Garry A

Calibrating.....
Smart new gear LOL.

Attachments

• IMAG0198.jpg
    IMAG0198.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 32

gersin008

[QUOTE 3156091, member: 45"]Thanks, Did you buy one? What do you think of it?[/QUOTE]

I did buy it.

It's fairly easy to work and set up though not used the HRM. The mileage was slightly different from my phone app, as is the calorie estimate. I got it to interface with home lap top but at work it wouldn't show connected to the internet.

gersin008

Will try to upload data to Endomondo as that's the phone app of choice. Will let you know how it goes next time I'm on

Hyslop

Veteran
I got a couple of the base layers,tried both and for £5 you cant complain at all,more comfortable than some of my vastly more expensive kit.That said,there seemed to be only 2 Large,and Ive got them!More in stock I trust.However,I would suggest that if you want one,then go up one size.

gersin008

[QUOTE 3156478, member: 45"]Great, thank you.[/QUOTE]
Uploaded to Endomondo ok. Had to export as gpx file and then edit activity as cycling but worked fine

T4tomo

Legendary Member
workstands all sold out in Hemel but load of pumps left.

got my self a pair of mitts which are good but odd sizing as usual, medium fit me well but I normally have XL in other brands. also got the wireless cycle computer, have the wired one on front of tandem so will try to set this one up on teh back for the Mrs to look at

Jason.T

I'm sorry, but those team shirts look utterly naff.
Quite like the yellow t-shirt though.
I bought the jersey on Saturday night and did a 100 mile sportive with it on Sunday and got to say for £8.99 they are fantastic, good fit (maybe a tad large for there sizing but not much in it) feel very nice to

If anyone knows wether the GPS watch can be linked to strava I may consider getting one

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I bought the jersey on Saturday night and did a 100 mile sportive with it on Sunday and got to say for £8.99 they are fantastic, good fit (maybe a tad large for there sizing but not much in it) feel very nice to

If anyone knows wether the GPS watch can be linked to strava I may consider getting one

Agreed on the sizing... I'm a 42" chest and the medium is right for me.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Popped in today and bought a small jersey and shorts .
The jersey is race cut as i went one size smaller as i am on the lower end of medium and it feels fine but the shorts fit the waist ok although the legs are so tight around the thigh i will be taking them back for a refund.

Steady

Über Member
Picked up the wireless computer yesterday, found it to be pretty good - once I got the sensor on the right way around (battery case side facing outwards!) an old post on a forum fixed that after i struggled for a bit!

Managed to turn it into a stem mount by cutting out the square on the mount, and then the little bit that rests on the handle bar came out, switched it around, dropped a blob of glue in the hole and it's now sturdy and stem mounted.

Accurate and does the job, so well happy with that.

OK. I take it back. Saw a couple of people wearing the full "Track" kit in Leyburn yesterday and it looked all right.
The only big worry is the loose fit of the sleeve threatens the sharpness of the tan lines.
(Ironic sentence- just in case it is not obvious.)

Top Bottom