Aldi cycling gear - Sunday 29th Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Or the Peppa Pig/Paws Patrol bikes....

The "Muck Off" collection of 5 is actually dearer than buying individually (by 4p).

Superb. Those men’s leggings are absolutely brilliant, and the lights are fantastic too. Guess who’s going to Aldi on Sunday then?:laugh: The memory foam ‘mountain bike saddle’ ( which is more akin to a short nosed road saddle )is good as well.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
might get a long sleeve top

Their merino baselayers are normally pretty decent, and the long sleeve jacket may be worth a look.

Here
Yes they are though I have the idea that the older/earlier ones were better quality/thicker/tougher.
And cheaper.
I have two of their long sleeve ones and three short sleeve ones - they are excellent.
And tis true (I didn't quite believe it) that they reduce washing - they last a fair while before they need washing.

This

https://www.aldi.co.uk/men's-insulating-cycling-jacket/p/018824302613200

Looks profoundly uncool/verging on ugly

but will check out - an idea that it may good for practical errand rides in cold northern parts and for touring use - after dark :smile:

I like some of their tops for touring use etc - tougher/more forgiving of being rammed i.n panniers/dodgy washing.

Yes the saddle looks promising.

Will pass on the neoprene gloves - can't be machine washed it says!

Disagree - that front seems to use one of those strap things - very poor system- Lidls lights better - been riding through the night twice in the last week on one of their £6.50 specials.
The Aldi lights are really good. I bought a couple of sets a couple of years back, and they are pretty much Lezyne Macros, at half the price. The straps can break, if you’re clumsy with them, but spare straps only cost a couple of quid.

This

https://www.aldi.co.uk/men's-insulating-cycling-jacket/p/018824302613200

Looks profoundly uncool/verging on ugly

but will check out - an idea that it may good for practical errand rides in cold northern parts and for touring use - after dark :smile:

I like some of their tops for touring use etc - tougher/more forgiving of being rammed i.n panniers/dodgy washing.

Yes the saddle looks promising.

Will pass on the neoprene gloves - can't be machine washed it says!

I’m using the ‘mountain bike’ saddle ( which is the same as last year’s offering) on one of my road bikes. It’s done over 20000 miles, and is still as good as new. The fact it’s made of memory foam means it’s cushioned, and it also regulates heat as well ( which is a bonus if it’s warm ).

Top Bottom