Aldi cycling gear - Sunday 29th Sept

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
yes.

since when was "blinding" a recommendation of any product?

Bike lights?
Car lights?
Clothing?
Household cleaning products?
Cosmetics?
Pharmaceuticals?
Alcohol products?

D

Deleted member 26715

Would be interested in how you find the beam pattern out on the Norfolk lanes.
Not quite a Norfolk lane, But

mmmmm not really showing it very well, the light is staying the same & the background getting darker when in reality the light is getting brighter & background staying the same

mm

thanks for the post p* but all it really shows is that you have less junk than me.

It's the beam pattern down a dark road that matters - not the sheer amount of light/.whether it can burn a hole in your cuddly toy collection.

Very hard to photo lights of course.

I commend the B&M think to you - somewhat delicate, bonkers opening mech but very good. No idea why it was briefly so cheap (highlighted on another forum) - if it reappears I will snap one up - last of a line I fear. I would confidently ride through any night with it.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
mm

thanks for the post p* but all it really shows is that you have less junk than me.

It's the beam pattern down a dark road that matters - not the sheer amount of light/.whether it can burn a hole in your cuddly toy collection.

Very hard to photo lights of course.

I commend the B&M think to you - somewhat delicate, bonkers opening mech but very good. No idea why it was briefly so cheap (highlighted on another forum) - if it reappears I will snap one up - last of a line I fear. I would confidently ride through any night with it.
It's pretty much a round torch like beam. To avoid dazzling other road users just point it down towards the road. A twenty degree twist on the bars is the difference between full and dipped beam.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
It's pretty much a round torch like beam. To avoid dazzling other road users just point it down towards the road. A twenty degree twist on the bars is the difference between full and dipped beam.
It still means you're wasting energy and could get a better light for the money.

As https://swhs.home.xs4all.nl/fiets/tests/verlichting_analyse/index_en.html#licht-bundel-verlies says "[...] a fairly large amount of light is wasted (for road use) by circular beams. But not just that: [...] I estimate that a symmetric lamp must have ca. 3 to 4 times the power of an asymmetric lamp with cutoff, to light up the road as well (as useful) as that lamp with cutoff. [...]

Brightness near the bicycle, esp. close to the front wheel, will be nearly 2 times as bright. This is undesireable if it means the brightness will become too high [...]

Some people use headlamps with symmetric beam such as the Magicshine to give proper light on the road, but there is no good reason for doing so: There are good lamps for on-road use, i.e. of high quality and having a good light output with which one can safely cycle on unlit roads at speeds of 30 km/h and more [...] "

I don't agree with all the reviews on there (most notably, I think some lights are revised without changing name or packaging) but it's a pretty thorough analysis of the problems with bike lights.

Round torch beam doesn't sound too appropriate to be honest.

I haven't driven for a while but I don't remember my german car's lights being a round torch beam.

Top Bottom