Aldi cycling stuff in today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sanddancer

I'll need to stop in at Aldi for a little look around the stuff on offer.

I love shopping at Aldi, my wife hates it. The no frills experience and great value meat and veg really appeals to me but she loves going to Tesco and fannying about looking at the various ranges of products and buying the same stuff we do every week.

My mrs loves aldi/lidl because what she saves means she has more money to spend in clothes shops :sad: :biggrin:

What I save on red wine at aldi means I can buy more wine :biggrin:
and its realy nice wine :smile:

GuyBoden

Guru
Shoes lasted two weeks before they cracked across the sole.

Nibor

Bewildered
OP
OP
Accy cyclist

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Accy these bibs are really excellent quaity for the price and their shop is close enough for you to have a ride out.
http://www.buyabike.co.uk/clothing-...-4d-pad-vision-cycling-bib-shorts-mens-black/
Accy these bibs are really excellent quaity for the price and their shop is close enough for you to have a ride out.
http://www.buyabike.co.uk/clothing-...-4d-pad-vision-cycling-bib-shorts-mens-black/

When you say have a ride out, where is it?

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
I like them both because, having continental origins, you can find stuff you can't find in other supermarkets.

sanddancer

The shoes aren't upto a hammering. Get yourself a pair of Shimano M089's - just £49.99.

They seem to be hit and miss from what I've read of people's experience.
Mine are "touch wood" still ok.
for £20 I've had my moneys worth .
aldi are pretty good on returns.
I bought some arm and leg warmers a year or two ago for £8 a pair. They didn't fit and one arm warmer's stitching came apart. When I returned them they refunded me no quibble and I saw they were selling them off for £4 a pair so I re bought both in a size up and saved £8 :biggrin:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I commuted through the winter in some Aldi MTB style shoes 2014/2015 and after nine months the sole cracked. Full refund no questions asked on production of the shoes & the receipt. Yes they have their limits...

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
My last Aldi SPD shoes lasted me at least 6 or 7 years, which I thought was pretty good for about £15. They are very tatty now, but still usable so I am keeping them for rides in bad weather.

I bought a replacement pair for about £20. They are actually 100g a shoe lighter, which is surprisingly noticeable. I do wonder whether that will compromise their longevity though. I can feel more flex in the soles of this pair, and suspect that they will crack eventually. I would accept one year's use and be pleased with two. If they last longer than that, I will be delighted!

I might buy a jacket. I know they aren't the most stylish but according to others they do the job as well as ones costing three times a much. I might buy some of their bib shorts as well, 25 quid though. I'll see how they look, but you can buy shorts from places like Planet X, reduced to about the same price

Just browsing the forum and I have to laugh at your posts Accy - Have you ever just bought something because you wanted it or do you seek approval for everything you want? If you like something who cares what other people think,

You must be a nightmare when you go to your LBS.

Top Bottom