Aldi cycling stuff in today

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

simongt

Guru
I've bought various bits of 'Crane' branded Aldi cycling stuff over the last several years and to date have not had any problems with them. As long as you're selective and look carefully at what you want the gear for, then all should be well.:hello:
As for the staff in my local, always helpful and cheerful.

stalagmike

Enormous member
I am amazed anyone actually wastes time going shopping anymore when you can get it delivered for not too much of an outlay. IMHO it is well worth the delivery charge so I don't have to taken my kids round the shop and shout at them or be a potty mouth over the price of Frey Bentos.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Jannie and I have just started at different supermarkets in our town. We have shopped in the most expensive one for years. But Aldi, Lidl and Netto Stock other things that we like. The breakfast cereal I like is half the price in Lidl than it is in the expensive place.

We are also buying ecological eggs, veg, preserves and Meat from local farmers and it is much cheaper than the supermarkets.

After staying in Italy and France on farms, we are eating a lot less meat now. The good thing with veg is that you waste very little of it. You can have it hot for an evening meal and use the cold leftovers for lunch the following day. We are not vegetarians but it is saving us a lot of money.

But here is a big tip. Check your till reciept against what you buy. The amount of times they get it wrong is stunning. These big supermarkets have a massive input of cash just by robbing you, never mind selling produce.

Jannie has saved us a fortune over the years.

As far as I know Aldi and Lidl dont deliver.
Its nice also to pick your own stuff instead of getting things on the date which is what can happen with internet food shops. I always check the date of stuff.
From my observations of both Aldi and Lidl near me is that they get a wide range of people shopping. Also just because someone is wealthy doesnt mean to say they have class or manners.

Aldi delivered my bike stand I ordered on line.

Wife got me the men's jacket with zip off sleeves. Tried it today, fits well and kept me warm when the wind hit. Did what I wanted it to and cheap. Also got the ultra lightweight rain coat with stuff sack. If it does 12 months I will be happy.

Trickedem

Guru
It's the customers rather than the staff that put me off...I prefer waitrose especially with the free coffee :whistle: ;)
When they started the free coffee, they started attracting the cheapskates who normally go to Aldi & Lidl.....like me. Although I live in a place that is the furthest from a Waitrose in the whole of Southeast England

When they started the free coffee, they started attracting the cheapskates who normally go to Aldi & Lidl.....like me. Although I live in a place that is the furthest from a Waitrose in the whole of Southeast England

You don't make money by spending it. Round our way there are plenty of very expensive cars parked in Aldi, there the intelligent ones. Spend it sensibly so they can afford the cars and houses.

stalagmike

Enormous member
Jannie and I have just started at different supermarkets in our town. We have shopped in the most expensive one for years. But Aldi, Lidl and Netto Stock other things that we like. The breakfast cereal I like is half the price in Lidl than it is in the expensive place.

We are also buying ecological eggs, veg, preserves and Meat from local farmers and it is much cheaper than the supermarkets.

After staying in Italy and France on farms, we are eating a lot less meat now. The good thing with veg is that you waste very little of it. You can have it hot for an evening meal and use the cold leftovers for lunch the following day. We are not vegetarians but it is saving us a lot of money.

But here is a big tip. Check your till reciept against what you buy. The amount of times they get it wrong is stunning. These big supermarkets have a massive input of cash just by robbing you, never mind selling produce.

Jannie has saved us a fortune over the years.
Some good points well made. We dont eat much meat in our house on account of my partner and kids being vegetarian, but I seem to remember you can eat it cold the next day :-)

screenman

Legendary Member
You don't make money by spending it. Round our way there are plenty of very expensive cars parked in Aldi, there the intelligent ones. Spend it sensibly so they can afford the cars and houses.

Do not get taken in by expensive cars, most are not paid for. Nor forgetting there are nearly 800,000 motability vehicles on our roads, these people may not be as rich as you think.

simongt

Guru
I am amazed anyone actually wastes time going shopping anymore when you can get it delivered for not too much of an outlay. IMHO it is well worth the delivery charge so I don't have to taken my kids round the shop and shout at them or be a potty mouth over the price of Frey Bentos.
When I used to go to the likes of Tesco / Morrisons, it never failed to amaze me at the number of very harassed looking adults who were hauling a heavily loaded trolley round accompanied by several miscreant offspring. My line of thinking being that they probably have t'net at home so why don't they order online and save themselves all that aggro:cursing: - unless of course that there are an inordinant number of masochists out there - !:banghead:

Do not get taken in by expensive cars, most are not paid for. Nor forgetting there are nearly 800,000 motability vehicles on our roads, these people may not be as rich as you think.

I'm well aware of that. What I mean is the same mixture of people shop at Aldi as anywhere else. Cars maybe on tick but you gotta pay it monthly somehow

screenman

Legendary Member
I'm well aware of that. What I mean is the same mixture of people shop at Aldi as anywhere else. Cars maybe on tick but you gotta pay it monthly somehow

I agree with all you say there, but paying out monthly is not a sign of being well off.

We shop at Also and Lidl and our cars and house are paid for, definitely not rich or remotely well off.

I agree with all you say there, but paying out monthly is not a sign of being well off.

We shop at Also and Lidl and our cars and house are paid for, definitely not rich or remotely well off.

Exactly, I don't think cars are a sign of wealth but 'some' do and those are the ones that believe shopping at waitrose is a sign of wealth or statues. Both my cars are bought and paid for too but my house is mortgaged. I too am not remotely wealthy just happy and secure with my family. That's worth more than money eh ? :smile:
I like our Aldi ^_^

Top Bottom