aldi cycling stuff on sale next week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

dodgy

I get most of my kit from Wiggle, mainly the DHB branded stuff. It can be cheap as chips if you time it right. When they have a sale, it gets silly cheap. As an exmple, I bought some DHB 3/4 length bib shorts (Merston I think they were called) for £16 each including delivery, they are superb!
So I don't buy much of the pricier branded kit anymore, but I did buy a nice Specialized jersey t'other week (from Wiggle again) when in a sale.
Dave.

Danny

Legendary Member
I haven't got the money to spend on top of the range branded gear either, and generally wait until the sales to buy clothing.

However there must be a risk that Aldi are compromising on quality to get their prices so low - in practice this means that a proportion of their clothing is going to have dodgy zips or badly fitting pads in their shorts.

Given that my funds are limited I would personally not want to take the risk of buying stuff that I am going to have to throw out or turn into a duster.

But as I said earlier, I know lots of people have had good experiences with Aldi - and based on the comments here I might well go in and see if they have any socks left.

ChrisKH

Guru
Dannyg said:
I haven't got the money to spend on top of the range branded gear either, and generally wait until the sales to buy clothing.

However there must be a risk that Aldi are compromising on quality to get their prices so low - in practice this means that a proportion of their clothing is going to have dodgy zips or badly fitting pads in their shorts.

Given that my funds are limited I would personally not want to take the risk of buying stuff that I am going to have to throw out or turn into a duster.

But as I said earlier, I know lots of people have had good experiences with Aldi - and based on the comments here I might well go in and see if they have any socks left.

I still have a jacket and cycling shorts I bought from Aldi/Lidl six years ago and they're still going strong. Shorts aren't going see through yet (or perhaps no one has told me). Jacket (spring/autumn shower proof) is starting to go home but I've really hammered it. No complaints from me.

Smeggers

alecstilleyedye said:
they've still got them in the macclesfield branch, so you could always try and get one that works.
They had shit loads in Congleton - they can keep em too! :biggrin:

OP
OP
alecstilleyedye

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
at least get a refund. buy some of the viennese sausages instead. yummy!

Smeggers

gambatte said:
+1, Still has to be 'fit for purpose'

Could just be a bad one. You read from people on here occasionally complaining about gear they've bought from CRC Wiggle etc.
Its a case of finding time / being bothered for a fiver (how flash do I sound!).

Would agree generally about Aldi stuff, I have two cyclings tops and a pair of trainers which are just dandy.

Their beer and wine is particular good too! :biggrin:

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Smeggers said:
Its a case of finding time / being bothered for a fiver (how flash do I sound!)

Not sure, kind of got conflicting messages, too extravagant to go back for a fiver. But yet you initially went out of your way to visit Aldi to get a bargain (tightarse! :biggrin:)

Smeggers

gambatte said:
Not sure, kind of got conflicting messages, too extravagant to go back for a fiver. But yet you initially went out of your way to visit Aldi to get a bargain (tightarse! :biggrin:)
good point! :biggrin:

bonj2

Fair enough if you actually like aldi stuff, but I guess a lot of people just battle on with it because they are addicted to 'getting a bargain' - rather than because they actually find it 'good value for money'.
For me, the time wasted taking faulty stuff back just makes it not worth getting it in the first place.
The money wasted on stuff that isn't even worth taking back or can't be taken back takes away any element of 'cheep and cheerful'.
I'd rather get to work earlier and get more work done than have to battle with a dodgy zip or get so waterlogged I'm cold and slow down. That, and the number of wasted trips when you don't find what you're looking for wasting even more time, then going by the time is money theory, dilutes the 'good value' aspect even more.

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
I just got back from Aldi (Ashington Northumberland branch) bought a waterproof (ie it'll keep the showers off but make me sweat like a pig shagging in the sunshine) jacket (which looks alright) a pump, 2 pairs of gloves and a pair of glasses... all seem good enough qualidee... Ashington's where it's at!:blush:

Top Bottom