aldi cycling stuff on sale next week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zoiders

You dont have to wear road shoes all the time either

Tools for the job, and road shoes are pretty poor at anything but the one, specialization is for insects

Plax

Guru
I have the M324's on my commuter and think they are just fine. I automatically flip the pedal (wihout thinking!) to the required side. Very useful if you can't be bothered changing shoes at work and you need to go to the PO. Of course you need to aquire an elastic bad to stop your bell bottoms from getting stuck in the chain, but if you work in an office, elastic bands are easily come across :eek:

bonj2

Plax said:
I have the M324's on my commuter and think they are just fine. I automatically flip the pedal (wihout thinking!) to the required side. Very useful if you can't be bothered changing shoes at work and you need to go to the PO. Of course you need to aquire an elastic bad to stop your bell bottoms from getting stuck in the chain, but if you work in an office, elastic bands are easily come across :angry:

Well, that's assuming you want to get back to work ASAP. Good excuse for a nice walk into town imho.

hodsgod

Back to Aldi then, was it any good. Or do Aldi only bring this stuff out for peanuts to make fools of themselves by saying it is shoot, and they are right about everything?

I am new here and just an observation.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
hodsgod said:
Back to Aldi then, was it any good.

Yep, there are things I wouldn't buy*, but generally the clothes are sound. More than worth the money.

As you know, there's no changing rooms. Just measure critical dimensions on your other gear before you go, you then have a direct comparison

*Cable cycle locks, If I'm going to use a lock I do want a tested/reviewed one

bonj2

Maz said:
Has anyone bought their 4.99 cyclng shorts? Are they good?

No, and no.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Ahh, you are wise beyond your posts, newbie hodsgod;).

I've had longs and gillets from Aldi and they are perfectly serviceable at a snip of a price. I had the clipless shoes from Lidl too, which as an exercise
in 'tryin out' the clipless experience have done me proud and I'll have them as a spare pair when I can afford a better pair.:biggrin:

Spoked Wheels

Legendary Member
hodsgod said:
Back to Aldi then, was it any good. Or do Aldi only bring this stuff out for peanuts to make fools of themselves by saying it is shoot, and they are right about everything?

I am new here and just an observation.

Hey wise guy, do us all a favour and don't increase your post count anymore :biggrin:

Rick

Night Train

Maker of Things
tdr1nka said:
I had the clipless shoes from Lidl too, which as an exercise in 'tryin out' the clipless experience have done me proud and I'll have them as a spare pair when I can afford a better pair.:biggrin:
Do you know if Lidl are still stocking them? I might need to go there.:biggrin:

Danny

Legendary Member
punkypossum said:
Got the gilet, but the sizing is way out - ends at my bellybutton, so that's going back. Is it me or does all the gear seem quite short and small this year?

I had the same problem with the gilet. They must be designed for people with short bodies :biggrin:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Night Train said:
Do you know if Lidl are still stocking them? I might need to go there.:biggrin:

I doubt you'd find any now, but if you look around online there are some comparable shoes which are only a few quid more expensive, around £20.

Lidl had them a month or two back but sadly they were just the kind of item that some unscrupulous people go and buy in bulk to then re-sell on ebay.

On the AM of the day the shoes went on sale Mrs. tdr1nka was very lucky to bag me the last pair of size 11's and they were only available because someone had exchanged them as they were the wrong size.

Now I just need to find someone who sells steel toecap SPD's and I'm made!:biggrin:

Top Bottom