aldi cycling stuff on sale next week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zoiders

bonj said:
why would you want to cycle in slippers?:biggrin:

Where 'proper' comes into it, is that they're meant to be mountain bike pedals, and if, say, you went to an MTB trailcentre and hired a mountain bike and you asked for clipless pedals on it, and you got those, I think you'd be justified in being a little disappointed.:smile:

- if I was the manager and one of the staff had put those on a bike and the customer was complaining, I'd be quite embarassed and would have to apologise profusely - ergo, the bollocking being 'go and put proper clipless pedals on the customer's bike please!'
Good grief Bonj

We were so sad when Sheldon Brown died

But have no fear, now we have you instead:rolleyes:

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
I've got a pair of the M324's and when stationary and unclipped they hang on the vertical, the clip side faces behind and the platform faces ahead.
Simply using the long practiced technique I developed from riding with toeclips I flip the pedal forward to engage the cleat, or back if wearing normal shoes, slippers, flippers or clogs.

I think they work well as you can use both sides of a pedal rather than never using one side which is a bit of a waste considering you pay for four.:biggrin::smile:

bonj2

Those are some of the pros and cons of different clipless pedals, not justification for some types not being proper pedals. You silly sausage.
They're not "some of the pros and cons of different clipless pedals", they're the CONS of YOUR clipless pedals. :smile:
And what if the clipless pedals aren't meant to be for MTBing?
but they ARE mtb pedals, fule :tongue: They're not road pedals, are they? :sad:

tdr1nka said:
I've got a pair of the M324's and when stationary and unclipped they hang on the vertical, the clip side faces behind and the platform faces ahead.
Simply using the long practiced technique I developed from riding with toeclips I flip the pedal forward to engage the cleat, or back if wearing normal shoes, slippers, flippers or clogs.
Well you must have a special pair then, 'cos the ones I tried out once didn't - i just remember spending half the time trying to flip them over correctly.

tdr1nka said:
I think they work well as you can use both sides of a pedal rather than never using one side which is a bit of a waste considering you pay for four.:biggrin::biggrin:

You don't NEVER use one side, as in there's one side that never gets used. It's pure 50/50 chance which side gets used each time you clip in so on average each side gets the same use. You just only use one side at once, nowt wrong with that, you NEED them to be easy to clip into for MTBing as you're often setting off on uneven terrain.

Zoiders

SPDs are a multi use pedal, road, off road, touring and commuting

Thats the beauty of them, an XC race shoe is just as good as a road shoe, many are just the same shoe with a chunkier sole and studs

All out speed in a race then maybe a LOOK or SPD R just has the edge, but its not much, they certainly loose out in practicality

This is begining to smack of all the gear and no idea Bonj old chap, I suggest you admit defeat - or you can keep digging yourself into that hole

Brock

so 'proper' means anything that is most suitable for a leisure ride at an 'MTB trailcenter'? Right.. :biggrin:

Noodley

Brock said:
so 'proper' means anything that is most suitable for a leisure ride at an 'MTB trailcenter'? Right.. :biggrin:

No, "proper" means something bonj decides at random to be "proper", anything outside this is "not proper".
That he can't understand anything other than his narrow interpretation of things results in lots of things being "not proper" in bonjworld.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Try thinking of the M324's being like a combination corkscrew
and bottle opener?

Just a thought tho, my pedals may hang like that because(am I gonna get trashed for this?:biggrin:)I have only put a pedal reflector on one face of the pedal, facing to the rear when I'm clipless. Might this make the pedal hang as it does?

Brock

Imagine if you got given pedals with reflectors on at say.. An MTB trailcenter! Clearly you'd be really upset, so your pedals are useless tdr1nk4, sorry.

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
So I have now gone from clips to clipless to pedalless in less than two months. I gave away my old pedals, riding from now on will be different but at least I shall feel normal again and the bike will be lighter.

bonj2

tdr1nka said:
Try thinking of the M324's being like a combination corkscrew
and bottle opener?

Just a thought tho, my pedals may hang like that because(am I gonna get trashed for this?:evil:)I have only put a pedal reflector on one face of the pedal, facing to the rear when I'm clipless. Might this make the pedal hang as it does?

no, theyr'e more like a corkscrew that hasn't got a handle, just a spike, and isn't spiral shaped either, just a long straight spike. :biggrin: doesn't work very effectively...

bonj2

TBH I never notice which way mine are hanging, because my brain and feet do the job of flipping them over if necessary and clipping me in without me noticing.

ok so your BRAIN has to DO A JOB. In other words, your'e admitting that it requires mental effort. OK, so maybe you should not be recommending your pedals on the basis that they require mental effort in order to clip into. My proper mtb pedals require no such mental effort.

Zoiders

bonj said:
ok so your BRAIN has to DO A JOB. In other words, your'e admitting that it requires mental effort. OK, so maybe you should not be recommending your pedals on the basis that they require mental effort in order to clip into. My proper mtb pedals require no such mental effort.
Bonj

Once upon a time you had to learn to ride a bike, mental conditioning and muscle memory enabled you to do so

Learning to flip a pedal over isnt such a stretch

Top Bottom