aldi cycling stuff on sale next week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

John the Monkey

Frivolous Cyclist
Night Train said:
Do you know if Lidl are still stocking them? I might need to go there.:biggrin:
What size do you need, Night Train?

I've a pair of 43s (UK9) that are about to go on eBay (I like my Shimano MT41s better).

Danny

Legendary Member
Be quiet bonj. People want proper answers, not your soapbox buffoonery.
In defence of Bonj, I would point out that there have been enough complaints about ill-fitting or badly made Aldi shorts here and on the old C+ forum to make me wary of buying any.

I know lots of people, like Gambette, have had good experiences, but quite a few have had bad experiences as well.

Danny

Legendary Member
The laws of random chance must mean that occasionally Bonj's unfounded opinion will coincide with reality xx(

bonj2

alecstilleyedye said:
if it's like the one i got last week, no. the zip burst open at 30mph and refused to work properly for the rest of the ride, although now seems fine xx(

the aldi jacket i used to have often 'seemed fine', but the frequency of zip failures kept getting higher and higher. Bin it!

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
I think what some people forget when considering commuter cycle wear is that, for some of us, a love of cycling is secondary reason for commuting. I like my bikes. But my ideal is a blast round the woods on the MTB, or a couple of hours on quiet country lanes, not interacting with all the pratts in their tin cans at rush hour.

For me the commute is done primarily as a cost cutting exercise, reducing the money I spend on fuel and wear and tear on the cage.

Now I’ve got what seems to be a long commute. If I can do it 3 times a week I can save about £65 a month by leaving the Mondeo at home.

That’s £65 I can put towards spiralling food/gas/electric bills etc. Keeping my kids fed safe and warm.

Personally I have a look round forums for opinions about sizing of Aldi stuff and go in with the same frame of mind as I look at ebay – if I don’t need it, its not a bargain.

Sure, it may not be ‘top quality’, but it does the job and I’ve not had one stuck or failed zip.

The Aldi stuff is definitely ‘good enough’ – how many people were slating Decathlon stuff a while back, but you see a hell of a lot of it out there now.

I just don’t see the point in cycling to save money and then blowing it all on ‘hi tech’ brand name cycle wear.

ChrisKH

Guru
Fair points Gambette. For those of you who won't go out in anything less than the current range or Rapha - good for you. But it don't pay the bills. And your wife is going to put it on the wrong wash cycle and shrink it. Guaranteed. :becool:

Top Bottom