Aldi offers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bryony

Veteran
I am tempted to get the shoes for my lad as he wants clipless for his MTB. His feet are still growing so may only last a few months.
They are comfy and worked well til they broke and to be honest we're not too upset they broke as they did their job, my OH and I had never tried clipless before so weren't sure if we'd like it so the price was perfect, if we didn't get on with them we hadn't lost lots of money. Now we know we like clipless we've now bought more expensive shoes.

potsy

Rambler
29th June - cycling hoody :hyper:

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Shoes are good for about 3 years use - I've just-about finished off my second pair.
Saddlebags with tool kit are pretty good - I have two.
The multitool is very good - except for the 8mm allen key, which is made of cheese and will not adequately tighten a chainset. DAMHIKT.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
They are comfy and worked well til they broke and to be honest we're not too upset they broke as they did their job, my OH and I had never tried clipless before so weren't sure if we'd like it so the price was perfect, if we didn't get on with them we hadn't lost lots of money. Now we know we like clipless we've now bought more expensive shoes.

This is my issue. I have Spesh Carbon and Lake shoes for my bikes, but spending a load on a child whose feet are still growing is silly. These will be ideal. That and Shimano M424 (caged SPDs) for £20.

L14M

Über Member
I was on holiday in portugal, LIDL had cycling stuff on and it was decent, shall see how the aldi stuff compares

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
managed to cadge a pair of Nike cycling shoes ( Armstrong editions ... cough ) and SPD SL pedals for free of a very generous neighbour :smile:

My OH and I have bought some of their cycling stuff and it's all good except for the shoes, the metal loop the Velcro strap went through snapped on my pair (fixed then with a cable tie til I got some new shoes) and the sole on my OH's snapped while he was riding so we won't get any more of those but we have no problem with their other stuff.
thanks for the (anti) tip on the shoes - i was considering the velcro strap version until i saw your post. Last time round I rejected the lace up version (maybe the same this time) as I didn't like the look of the laces going through extra fitted loops rather than simple lace holes - looked like multiple potential points of failure to me.

MikeW-71

Veteran
I was on holiday in portugal, LIDL had cycling stuff on and it was decent, shall see how the aldi stuff compares
In general, Aldi stuff seems slightly better. A bit wary of the shorts until I actually see them, the pads can be a bit.... inconsistent. The tops, compression stuff, socks etc. is all good stuff though, go for it :smile: I'm gonna have a look at the casual shorts and base layers. I've got loads of tops now, I really don't need more of them :laugh:

Beebo

Firm and Fruity
thanks for the (anti) tip on the shoes - i was considering the velcro strap version until i saw your post. Last time round I rejected the lace up version (maybe the same this time) as I didn't like the look of the laces going through extra fitted loops rather than simple lace holes - looked like multiple potential points of failure to me.
I bought the velcro ones a few years ago to see if I wanted to go clipless (i did so eventally upgraded). They lasted me about 2,000 miles / 6 months, I'm not sure they are designed for year round commuting! But would be great for occasional usage. The velco was a bit iffy, but my main issue was the sole, which eventually became so flexible that I couldn't clip out!
But for £20 what would you expect? 2,000 miles could be a life time to many leisure cyclists.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
I bought the velcro ones a few years ago to see if I wanted to go clipless (i did so eventally upgraded). They lasted me about 2,000 miles / 6 months, I'm not sure they are designed for year round commuting! But would be great for occasional usage. The velco was a bit iffy, but my main issue was the sole, which eventually became so flexible that I couldn't clip out!
But for £20 what would you expect? 2,000 miles could be a life time to many leisure cyclists.
Yes the shoes are ok for occasional use but for day to day riding they are not up to the job, i have had 2 pairs crack across the sole plate after about 5-6 months so i bought some better shoes in the ned.

Top Bottom