Aldi offers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
>>But for £20 what would you expect? 2,000 miles could be a life time to many leisure cyclists.

I'd respectfully disagree with you Beebo - £20 for something that lasts just that long is extremely expensive. I have a pair of Shimano's that cost maybe £50 that will maybe outlive me - I'm only worried that the metal cleats will wear out before the shoes and I'll have to do some serious drilling to get them out - the allen key slots have all worn away.

KneesUp

Guru
The computer shows the CO2 savings over using the car - that must be hard to measure given it would have to account for the efficiency of my car, the different routes I would take, the traffic avoided and how fit I am - I'd prefer a cadence sensor :smile:

MattE72

I've always had good stuff from there (and for that matter Lidl). I need a new hi-viz jacket Aldi will be getting at least £10 from me!

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Gloves and socks for me. I use the gloves to commute with, and despite my others being a bit tatty now, they do last a good year. The socks are well worth getting. Going to look at shoes for my lad, if we can get a fit, then it's clipless pedals next.

luckyfox

She's the cats pajamas
I am there! Thanks for the heads up :highfive:

400bhp

Guru
In general, Aldi stuff seems slightly better. A bit wary of the shorts until I actually see them, the pads can be a bit.... inconsistent. The tops, compression stuff, socks etc. is all good stuff though, go for it :smile: I'm gonna have a look at the casual shorts and base layers. I've got loads of tops now, I really don't need more of them :laugh:

Shorts last year were good (fit better) and were better than pprevious years.

Top Bottom