Aldi offers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pikey

Waiting for the turbo to kick in...
Just been down to my local one, mrs P gave me a list for her.

It's my first time going on the launch day of an aldi cycling event...

I've never seen so much "enthusiastic foraging" going on in one place, the sort of foraging that involves a lot of elbow shoving and panic filling of trolleys. Is there an impending cycle clothing shortage? A strike or blockade at the distributors I don't know about?

One woman pushed her trolley so hard into my ar5e, I came home feeling violated :laugh:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not been yet, my lad is itching for MTB shoes......

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
my local aldi was heaving lol
bought some cat4 glasses...the so called premium cycle shirts were crap lol

I bought the shirt last year and still rate it, think its decent what are the cheapy ones like, in days of the old they were a bit itchy and scratchy ?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Will be heading in today at some point, need gloves and possibly sun glasses although not desperate. May buy another of the premium cycling tops and possibly the gillet depending on fit.

Dark46

Veteran
Just got back from Aldi, people were queuing in the car park when I got there. Didn't know what to expect when I got in, then the mad rush started and I couldn't get in there. Luckily I found the stuff and finally picked up a top, shorts, gloves(all in black) and a wind water resistant floresant top. All for under £30 . Next time some shoes .

I bought the standard cycling shirt, it seems ok for a beginner like myself, i also bought the cycling jacket as it folds away into a bag, just tried it there and it fits into my small back pocket, ideal. I wanted the softshell jacket, its much better than a Lidl one I have but I resisted as i will not need it til the autumn.

MikeW-71

Veteran
I was a good boy this time and resisted buying yet more tops, I've got loads of them now and I don't need any more. Plenty of shorts now too, so I just got a couple of compression bottoms and I found a hiking rucksack for £13 which will replace my current one that is starting to come apart. We'll see how it does.

Julia9054

Guru
Got a little rucksack with a mesh back and a couple of pairs of pants and socks. Also managed to pick up some bits and pieces for a friend who has just started cycling.
Went to the Catterick store and got there 45 mins after the store opened and stock was already quite low on some items!

The Brewer

Shed Dweller
Wow it was busy here, three deep rifling through the items. Only went for socks, but tried the jacket on and for £16 couldn't leave it there

burndust

Parts unknown...baby
Picked up a rucksack...shoes as a backup....basic shirt...gloves.tool kit....glasses...and socks....bit of a fight with everyone else to get stuff tbh...might check in tomorrow to see whats left

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
She knows now but all she said was: " Why do you need to buy something every time you go in there?" to which I replied: " Got all I need now". The look on her face tells me that she doesn't believe me. She may be right.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Two more saddlebags with tools. The toolkit can be stored in the frametube of my Brommie. Not quite as neat as the official Brompton toolkit, but it's £43 cheaper with a bonus saddlebag too!

Top Bottom