Aldi offers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Leaway2

Lycrist
Bought a pair of fingerless gloves. I wore them this morning. It was a little too cold, but the glove are OK. I will see how long they last, but for £4ish, I wont be too upset.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
took the premium shirt back last night, not the same fit as last years which is a pity. Think I will look for somehting elsewhere

Bought one of these today. Taped it to my stem as I didn't want to look too much like Tinky Winky (well no more than usual.) Got some pretty good pictures. I think it will need a bigger SD card as it only does about an hour in HD. Might be very useful for those wanting to record habitual close-passes etc. It will loop and over-write. Amazing bargain compared with the Go-Pro. I will experiment further.

Picked up a leaflet from Aldi when I was in earlier today - next Cycling "event" is Sunday 29 June 2014. The accompanying picture is for "Garmin-esque" coloured Bibshorts, SS top and gloves.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Update for Aldi stuff on the 29th: https://www.aldi.co.uk/en/specialbuys/coming-soon/cycling/

507251cfd2.jpg

b16439abe4.jpg

Last edited:

KneesUp

Guru
And a GPS watch too. Was hoping for the racks to be in because I need one. They seem to do the bike things more regularly now though?

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Well ...... certainly won't be buying any of that! :thumbsdown:
'Track Sport', 'Trade Gears', 'Team Cycles', 'Xpress Credit'. 'RTD Bank' :cry:

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Shorts and shirts have all gone in my local one. Some of the other stuff does look cheap this time. I wouldn't recommend the panniers. I like the look of that Bordo style lock but I really have no idea how good it is, so won't waste 15quid on it.
What's wrong with the panniers Crackle? ....been looking for some decent ones without having to pay a small fortune...

What's wrong with the panniers Crackle? ....been looking for some decent ones without having to pay a small fortune...
Answered better than my view, here, by Vernon.

http://www.cyclechat.net/threads/tour-with-double-or-triple-pannier.158678/#post-3143000

SJS on ebay sell some cheap ones, which I have and have used for a few tours. They're not going to last long but neither pair fell to pieces instantly.
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BIKE-CYCL...K_SportGoods_CyclAcces_RL&hash=item4867ab4cd1

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
Thanks Fossy and Crackle... the Ortlieb Rear Panniers look like the ones- as Vern said in your link, buy once. Mind, those SJS Cycle ones look like they would be Ok to start off!
Thanks.

Last edited:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Thanks Fossy and Crackle... the Ortlieb Rear Panniers look like the ones- as Vern said in your link, buy once. Mind, those SJS Cycle ones look like they would be Ok to start off!
Thanks.

I use Ortlieb Front Roller classics for the commute bike. Totally waterproof. Bought these as they are the right size for my commute.

Top Bottom