Aldi offers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
What's wrong with the panniers Crackle? ....been looking for some decent ones without having to pay a small fortune...
I bought Aldi panniers and the clip to attach them to the bike broke within the first 10 miles with them with only a lock in the bag (normally in my big Ortlieb ones I put tonnes more than that!). I just wanted a cheap pair for allotment trips to get muddy.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Pretty much given up on the aldi kit, great for starting out and i still use the gloves but the shorts and jerseys are always to big , for some reason they think the smallest size is a 40 " chest

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
Pretty much given up on the aldi kit, great for starting out and i still use the gloves but the shorts and jerseys are always to big , for some reason they think the smallest size is a 40 " chest

+1 for the clothing.

I get the winter socks which are good for cheap winter commuting socks but that's usually about all.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
+1 for the clothing.

I get the winter socks which are good for cheap winter commuting socks but that's usually about all.
I got a gilet last time, not really small enough so a little flappy but ok for commuting/general riding , for winter socks i use thermal stuff from a shoe shop that does camping /trekking stuff which are good combined with winter boots i did not use overshoes last winter ( mild though )

compo

Veteran
I may treat myself to the wireless computer. I had one previously and had used it for some time without any issues. When I sold the bike it was on I forgot to take it off before the buyer came and I didn't have the heart to remove it when he was here! At present I have an Aldi Bikemate wired one.

I also have a Bikemate track pump, had it for a couple of years. Initially it wasn't all that cop, and felt rough when I pressed the plunger down. Gradually it has improved, helped by copious and regular applications of WD40 inside the barrel. Now it is fine up to about 80lbs for my hybrid, and does not need any more lube!

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I'm a 42" chest and 5`11" and a medium top suits me fine. Looking forward to picking up another one on Sunday. The £8 one I got a year ago is still going strong.

potsy

Rambler
I'm sort of tempted by the 'Team hoody' but not sure it's quite as essential this summer as they are making out :unsure:

youngoldbloke

The older I get, the faster I used to be ...
Agree. I am reluctant even to buy stuff with real team logos, because I don't follow the sport. I don't understand who they are marketing this to. A shame because I would buy some otherwise.
Agreed - I DO follow the sport, but would never wear team kit - unless I was a member of the team. (But that's another thread .....) I do wear club kit, however. I think Aldi have really blown it this time. I've noticed that with recent cycling sales at Aldi, and Lidl, there has been loads of stuff left over. Not like a few years ago when it was all gone within 24 hours. Something to do with design and quality? I really don't think it compares to Decathlon's kit anymore.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
[QUOTE 3146163, member: 45"]Does anyone have any experience of the gps watch?[/QUOTE]

It's new, but will have a 3 year warranty, so if the price is good, why not !

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
If Aldi had kept the kit plain, as usual, but upped the quality/price, then it would sell. It's a bit like a cheap copy of the 'one less bike' kit that Specialized do - I have one of those and it's an excellent 'fake team top'.

Top Bottom