Aldi offers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
Just bought gloves for my son and aye plus one of the premium shirts. Oh and some socks. Never had the cheap shirts and as for the soft shell jacket that is what I'd wear for winter :-/. Gillet looked Ok but the fit is quite baggy.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Picked up a gilet, just the job for club runs as its very packable.
Just bought gloves for my son and aye plus one of the premium shirts. Oh and some socks. Never had the cheap shirts and as for the soft shell jacket that is what I'd wear for winter :-/. Gillet looked Ok but the fit is quite baggy.
Yes i went for the medium which is ok , certainly not race fit .

solidthegreat

Aldi must have made a fortune today, if every store was as packed as my local. Managed after 20mins of looking to get a lightweight waterproof jacket sized for the larger male!!! And a pair of socks. Happiness restored.

Kevoffthetee

On the road to nowhere
I'm going back tomorrow to return their casual cycle shorts and some led light I got my daughter.

I done 12k and the stitching has already come away I got medium for 32-34 waist and I'm a 32 so not like I'm pushing the limits. We got onto a cycle track and within minutes the led lights literally snapped of the bracket and hit the deck

They are cheap for a reason

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
Chuffed to bits....got girls' cycling undies that I have been after for ages, briefs and shorts for 5 mile rides about town to wear with jeans, leggings, skater dresses whatever. Also got plain black capri pants and the only disappointment were regular black shorts. I DO NOT WANT PINK TRIMS, where were the black ones advertised? Bought the pink and black ones anyway but they also have a white stripe down the side so really can only wear as undies too. Since everything was £7.99 or under at least I have lots of changes now. Last years plain black shorts and gloves going strong, so I bought another pair of gloves as at some point I will lose one. I seem to have bought bedding plants, clematis, compost and goodness knows what, change from £50. Well worth a detour back from the airport run.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I had a look today but the locusts got there first!

Shorts and shirts have all gone in my local one. Some of the other stuff does look cheap this time. I wouldn't recommend the panniers. I like the look of that Bordo style lock but I really have no idea how good it is, so won't waste 15quid on it.

Fiona R

Formerly known as Cranky Knee Girl
I had a look today but the locusts got there first!
As a fellow rummager said to me "resembles a jumble sale" I have finally worked out they are not doing regular ladies black shorts this time....so no need to think I missed out! North St looked a bit "picked over" a 6pm tonight to say the least!!

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
I DO NOT WANT PINK TRIMS, where were the black ones advertised?

The shorts I got were all black, I would have preferred a bit of coloured trim on them, even pink.

I was watching some racing on the telly the other day and one bloke was all in pink - I think he got to wear that for being best at something rather than as a penalty as one might imagine.

azir

Loads of stuff left at Catford when I popped in yesterday. I was there for plants rather than cycling stuff as had already been twice on Sunday..... :whistle: Got the softshell jacket (boys version as refuse to wear that pink monstrosity), capri tights, jersey (standard rather than "premium" - they looked rubbish!), plus gloves socks and sunglasses. Then had to go back immediately for more sunglasses as my partner nicked them within 5mins of getting through the door.... Got a couple of running tops on Monday too, they actually look pretty good.

vorsprung

Veteran
i got

lots of socks. These are good
sunglasses. Put them in the draw as spares
compression base. Got too large a size but that's ok, it's nice and long and not particularly tight
windproof base. Too large, too flappy.
windproof outer "coat" thing. Somewhat flappy, probably keep it

Quite a good haul apart from the wind proof base

Top Bottom