Aldi offers

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Are the cycling shorts any good?
Are the gloves any good?
Glasses?
Can the oil pen be refilled?

Shorts - hmm never risked it myself - I only use quality stuff for my soft bits.
Gloves - Yes they are good !
Glasses - All accounts they are good (based on other's reports)
Oil pen - bit pointless as many oil manufacturers sell oil in dropper bottles anyway

Checked out my cycling kit last night. Too many long pants (as the waistline went up I bought another pair, waist line has now went down, but not the weight) but I could do with a spare pair of Ron Hills. Same with long and short sleeved shirts, got a good collection now. I have at least 4 pair of shorts and padded underpants but I will look at the shorts, and I will probably get two pair of the underpants for wearing under ordinary trousers for trips to the town. (hate walking around shops in shorts)

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I used one of the cheaper tops all summer last year and it is still going strong. Will see if they have any more left when I can next get to Aldi after Sunday...

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
So I was thinking of finally going clipless - thought maybe the shoes would be a cheap way to try it...?

They look very similar to the ones I bought in Lidl. I've been using them on my daily commute for over two years now so they're worth the money. Sizing can be a bit off so try before you buy.

GC

lozcs

Guru
Worth a try then...

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I bought their pannier two? Years ago, it wasn't up to holding the weight of my lock and the clips on one broke. I'd only bought it for short journeys. So I would look at the clips before buying.

However I have to say that I first bought their winter gloves quite a few years ago, and they were ok but not brilliant or warm enough. A couple of years later I bought another pair of the winter gloves and they were significantly better, so that I've since bought several more pairs, and they are now my main winter glove. My point being that they do improve some of the stuff so don't just go by past recommendation, have a look at it.

gavroche

Getting old but not past it
Just back from Aldi where I bought the soft shell jacket ..........and a bunch of flowers......but my wife is no fool . " What was the cycling event like?" she said. " There was quite a lot of people there" I said, and then walked out before she could say anything else. The jacket is still hiding in the car.

Top Bottom