Aldi pannier rack OK?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
mrmacmusic

mrmacmusic

Veteran
Pannier fell off today.

Turns out that tightening the nuts and bolts is a 'requirment' not a recommendation. Silly me! :biggrin:
LOL! Indeed, tightening the bolts is an excellent idea :biggrin:

Had no bother with my ALDI rack (and Avenir pannier bag) since I started using it. Great value for money solution too :thumbsup:

HovR

Über Member
My hand-me-down rack is flawed in that it doesn't keep the bag away from he spokes sufficiently. Heading to Aldi to purchase one of theirs. Bargain!

Beware that most Aldi cycling stuff is a seasonal sale thing, and normally runs out of stock pretty quickly. I don't know if they've sold them recently as this thread is fairly old.

I had the same issue with my own rack - I solved it by attaching aluminium strips to the rack to provide the spokes extra protection from the bag. I can post a picture of you want?

David Pearson

No worries - out local Aldi has loads of them left. Just been and picked one up. Now I am trying to fathom how to mount the seat stay bit? can't see any eyelets for the bolts???

David Pearson

All sorted. My frme does not have the M8 threaded holes needed to the front of the rack so I used the P clips from the old rack to mount it to the frame. Solid is a rock :-)

Top Bottom