ALDI Specials - Thursday 27th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave Carey

First experience of the Aldi cycling sale today....WOW.... was like a pack of wild animals fighting over a carcass! Picked up the padded trousers, hi-vis shirt, gloves and winter jacket, all seemed to fit well. Tried out the padded trousers on the way home, so much more comfortable than the normal shorts I've been wearing up until now.

Blurb

Über Member
Got to my nearest about 17:30. Only one or two people rooting through the stuff. Got a couple of the last few pairs of leg warmers, gloves (they look quite substantial and for the coldest mornings really), pannier rack, spokes and, I wasn't looking to get the rain jacket, but it looked better quality than I was expecting, with the zip vents and taped seams, so it would seem rude to say no. Plus, with the £5 Daily Mirror voucher the whole lot came to under £49. Absolutely bargainous!!

Maz

Guru
I was after a pair of winter cycling trousers, size L, but there were none left :angry:
So I bought some Froot Loops instead :thumbsup:
fl.jpg

OP
OP
dhd.evans

dhd.evans

Veteran
Managed to get two compression tops for the weeks ahead, large in size. They fit well and i'm please with purchase :smile:

Missus said she had to fight through the crowd. Absolute mayhem.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Loads of stuff at Swadlincote derbyshire if your local ish and cant get what you need, no over shoes but the small left though , just got a pair of the shoes to use for commuting as i think for club rides etc i am best to use my lakes .

trampyjoe

Just got back from a trip to two Aldi's. Managed to pick up 2 sets of the LED lights (for the trailer), 1 set normal lights, waterproof jacket, waterproof trousers (too large in a Large), merino top, gloves and winter trousers (perfect fit in a Medium).
Anything mens in Large is gone. No winter jackets (which is the one thing I wanted) but nevermind.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
At about 8.15 in the morning yesterday, I got the very last winter jacket which fitted (a medium, oddly) thankfully in blue to co-ordinate with my bike :blush: and had to negotiate for it with someone else trying on an XL.

Luckily he was less comfy with the close fit of the medium ! It's really warm !

Also got the waterproof trousers in Large (36" waist) (plenty of stock), winter gloves for me & mrs, 2 packs spoke reflectors to do 5 bikes with, a spare set of lights and ... some washing machine tablets.

£50 later...

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Haverfordwest... Tool kit for sharing at work. Pair of winter gloves as backups. A jersey, to leave at work for emergencies, and a pair of socks, ditto. And £5 off courtesy of the Aged P's Daily Mirror.

No merino's in Large, no men's winter jackets, and, most disappointing of all, no spoke reflectors.

400bhp

Guru
If anyone wants me to look for stuff their local Aldi doesn't have - I can do so when back at work in the central Manchester store. I'm happy to post stuff on for people.:smile:

Top Bottom