ALDI Specials - Thursday 27th September

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

400bhp

Guru
Box of jaffa cakes and some Haribo cheers pal :thumbsup:
:reading:

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I like a bit of movement in mine, I'm a roller not a racer :smile: but they are sized & quite generously cut compared to e.g. the waterproof coats.

My softshell winter jacket was a medium and I'm a 42" chest & 5`11" tall. I normally go for large, but medium was all they had left and it actually fits fine.

dave2041

I'm 6' 3" 42" chest and got the large winter jacket. Fits perfect apart from the arms, so XL it is i guess... I bought the gloves too but i'll be taking them back as i already have better performing gloves. I found Aldi's offerings to be very restrictive and stiff.

400bhp

Guru
FYI: Manchester city centre store at lunchtime today.

Quite a lot of stuff left. Lots and lots of gloves, quite a lot of winter trousers, lots of winter shirts (not jackets), a few pairs of shoes (size 8 IIRC), plenty of spoke reflectors, mudguards and repair kits.

Note: quite a bit of women's stuff too. IIRC the women's stuff is usually badged a size smaller than the men (e.g womens L will be mens M, there or thereabouts). It might be worth having a look at some of the womens stuff if you're not fussy about colours, slightly larger frontal areas etc.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Got two of the towels last year, wasn't impressed. Not particularly absorbent.
Fitted the spoke reflectors this weekend, found a loose spoke. I was going to use an adjustable. Then looked at the Aldi toolkit. But I have most of the stuff in there. I figured "Lets phone round and search online for a spoke key. Nowt to them, they'll be cheap as chips".
2 shops didn't have them in stock.
JEJames I popped in on the way somewhere else..... £8.50 in the sale!! (Sod that, I'm a Yorkshireman!!)
Final place ebay. I'd avoided it because my experience has been - cheap products at a decent price, but with £2.99 P&P
Pleasantly surprised
8 position spoke key £1.99, p&p free - more like it :-)
BTW, popped my head into the utility room, where I store the bike, with a light behind me. Those reflectors show up well! I've got most at the outside of the wheel, with a couple towards the centre.

DaveT

Über Member
Liking my softshell and the spoke reflectors (brilliant idea IMO), not needed to use the gloves in anger yet

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Aldi Bradley Stoke have re-stocked with the winter cycling jackets, so I picked up a blue one in large. They have railfuls of them.

They also still have plenty of the spoke reflectors, gloves, lights, other tops, locks and water bottles. No toolkits though !

I have put spoke reflectors on all the family's bikes, my son's started riding to school and even my best bike, on which I commute, now has some of these. Whilst driving after dark I've seen several bikes with these, and they stand out very well indeed.

Schneil

Veteran
Note: quite a bit of women's stuff too. IIRC the women's stuff is usually badged a size smaller than the men (e.g womens L will be mens M, there or thereabouts). It might be worth having a look at some of the womens stuff if you're not fussy about colours, slightly larger frontal areas etc.

The jacket's I saw were blue for boys and pink for girls...... I'm not brave enough to wear pink:girldance:
I'll nip into my local one to see if they've got a restock, the small mens might be in,

[quoteThe jacket's I saw were blue for boys and pink for girls...... I'm not brave enough to wear pink:girldance:
[/quote]

Nah, go for the pink and if anyone makes a comment tell them it's Rapha:thumbsup:

400bhp

Guru
FYI

The Aldi store local to me (Broadheath) has a lot of stuff in (as of yesterday @ 3pm), including the jackets. At least one in XL and a few L and S.

Again, if anyone wants something posting I can oblige, although it might be a few days before I can get to the shop.

Andy_R

Hard of hearing..I said Herd of Herring..oh FFS..
FYI

The Aldi store local to me (Broadheath) has a lot of stuff in (as of yesterday @ 3pm), including the jackets. At least one in XL and a few L and S.

Again, if anyone wants something posting I can oblige, although it might be a few days before I can get to the shop.
Nigel, thanks for getting the trousers for me. Top bloke!:thumbsup:

Top Bottom