ALDI team GB cycling gear 7th July

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Stevec047

Über Member
Just spotted this looks as if they have both mens and womens kits available. Jersey in navy or sky, shorts, jacket and gloves. Now of course it's not the official kit but dosent look to bad.

What are the rules on full kit w......s when it comes to a national team kit. Surly it's no different to all those weird people wearing those silly looking shirts with England all over them or would I be targeted by angry Russians as I cycled the rural back roads of essex?

Might take a look at them when they are I'm just a shame they went shorts and not full bib.

Link to the sitehttps://www.aldi.co.uk/specialbuys/dates/thursday-7th-july/c/2016-07-07/?sort=popular&q=%3Apopular%3AtransactionalStatus%3Atransactional%3AtransactionalStatus%3Anontransactional%3AEvent%3ACycling&lowerBound=0&upperBound=20&text=

vickster

Legendary Member
Wear whatever you want. Personally I think jersey ok, full kit, a bit silly looking on the road, but ymmv

There is discussion running on this kit here https://www.cyclechat.net/threads/found-a-bargain-do-tell.16260/post-4348271

It's not the official kit though I think, that's made by Adidas

Last edited:

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I've just ordered my daughter a top and shorts online with free delivery (the men's has sold out online). I've never bought cycling clothing from Aldi but for the money it is apparently decent gear. I love the design so may get a top myself.

Does anyone know how they size?

*Edit - All sold out online now so in store only.

Last edited:

*Dusty*

Returning Hero.
Although they don't deliver to NI a friend of mine ordered it and will ship it over. I see it as no different to wearing the same football shirt as your supported team.

I don't see a problem with wearing the shorts too, given my size and peak physical condition formed by years and years of hard eating it's not like anyone will mistake me for a member of the team!!!

OP
OP
Stevec047

Stevec047

Über Member
Yeah addidas have the sole rites to the official team kits and all good sold inside the Olympic village.

Aldi are one of the main sponsors for team GB so have bought the rites to produce replica kits and commemorative products.

I was thinking maybe just the jersey and jacket as my others are an xl and a bit baggy now tend to act as a wind break.

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Aldi normally size for fatties rather than racing snakes, but there will be plenty out of the bags in aldi to try for size.
Agree shame not bibs but guess catering for leisure market, they say it has a gel pad which is impressive for the price.

I use their gloves for commuting, stitching often needs repairing but cant complain for the price.
Socks are / were a bit nylony for me.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
The Aldi stuff looks nice but i can't justify buying ANOTHER jersey or more shorts. I've bought 5 jerseys and 2 pairs of shorts in the last month or so, taking my jersey collection up to 19. There are only so many rides you can do to get your wear out of such a number!:wacko:

Brandane

Legendary Member
Surly it's no different to all those weird people wearing those silly looking shirts with England all over them or would I be targeted by angry Russians as I cycled the rural back roads of essex?
AHEM; cough; etc...
Having studied your link, I cannot find any "England" kit on there. All I was able to find was "Team GB". That's not England BTW - there is a huge difference.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
This is the official Adidas cycling it.

8-jonny-brownlee.jpg

The shorts look the same as the Aldi ones apart from the Adidas logo missing.
And i presume the Adidas ones are bibbed shorts.
https://www.aldi.co.uk/men's-navy-team-gb-cycling-shorts/p/069220051254101

T4tomo

Legendary Member
AHEM; cough; etc...
Having studied your link, I cannot find any "England" kit on there. All I was able to find was "Team GB". That's not England BTW - there is a huge difference.
Oops, if you read the thread title and OP etc its all referring to GB, the Eng reference was to football shirts

Brandane

Legendary Member
Oops, if you read the thread title and OP etc its all referring to GB, the Eng reference was to football shirts
Oops; the OP was making a comparison between wearing England kit and Team GB kit, actually. But let's not derail the thread..... I know fine what he meant, I was just making a point of order.

Diggs

Veteran
Top Bottom