Aldi Time

Discussion in 'Commuting' started by fossyant, 29 Apr 2010.

1. fossyant

fossyant Ride It Like You Stole It!

2. BearPear

BearPear Über Member

There's nothing catching my eye there (unless you count the chap's shorts...)

3. cyberknight

cyberknight Wibble

I will definitely be there, off work Thursday to see the mortgage broker so come 9 am i will be outside Aldi`s doors.

Will get 2 tops ,and maybe a pair of shorts.

Nothing wrong with them for commuting and i would be lucky to get anything cheaper off fleabay.

last years are still going strong as is the windproof.

4. Tinuts

Tinuts Wham Bam Helmet Cam

Yes, I remember the shorts being particularly good value.

5. I'd buy a spiral bike lock, only I haven't got a spiral bike.

6. Ghost Donkey

Ghost Donkey Guest

New sun glasses for me as a temporary measure until I find the ones I've lost in the house. I'll also have a look at the tri suit and might get one as a training spare for bricks or to wear under a wetsuit for open water training. Keep my 2XU one nice.

7. tordis

tordis New Member

I'll definitely get some shorts and perhaps a computer - never had one, don't want to invest in some super-expensive, fancy one, hell, I don't even know if I need one, but at £5, I might give it a try ;)

8. Mark_Robson

Mark_Robson Senior Member

The computer is an excellent buy. ;)

9. EvoII

EvoII New Member

I think I'll stock up on spare gloves, socks and track pump plus maybe the ultra light hi-viz jacket. Can't go wrong at those prices and last years are still doing ok.

10. Simba

Simba Specialized Allez 24 Rider

I might pop round to mine, do they take Visa Debit and Mastercard?

EDIT: That computer is damn good for its price, shame I already spent 40 quid on my Cateye Mircro Wireless

11. AFAIK Debit Card yes, Mastercard No

12. Simba

Simba Specialized Allez 24 Rider

Ok thanks, I might get the water bottle and cage, as my current bottle is all scratched. Cage is fine though but might use the one that comes with it.

13. Debian

Debian New Member

I thought I might try and persuade SWMBO to get one of the triathlon suits..... not for cycling in mind you... ;)
    :biggrin:

14. Nothing especially grabbing me there. (I don't like to be grabbed there) I fancied some of their cheap clipless shoes but alas it looks like I'll have to invest in some more expensive ones to see if I can do clipless. :smile:

15. Jaguar

Jaguar New Member

I got one of their computers last year, we never could get it to work. Gloves and jackets have been fine though

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice