Aldi Time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Plax

Guru
Lovely jubbly. I'll get Mr Plax a computer for his new bike, see if mile crunching works on him as an incentive to keep cycling. Also some gloves and maybe a cycling top, although he does have plenty of old t-shirts, I think a cycling top would be more beneficial for him!

Manonabike

Über Member
Plax said:
Lovely jubbly. I'll get Mr Plax a computer for his new bike, see if mile crunching works on him as an incentive to keep cycling. Also some gloves and maybe a cycling top, although he does have plenty of old t-shirts, I think a cycling top would be more beneficial for him!

Aldi's computer have a problem in configuring miles for MTB and Road bike's size wheels..... BUT there is an easy work around. If my memory serves me right you have to set it up for KM and then one needs to get into the settings again and change it to miles and keep the rest of the sattings the same. There are some posts in CC that gives more details...... I have all the instructions somewhere which I could find if anyone wants me to :laugh:

shippers

Cycling stuff isn't in until Thursday. If you have a look at the link someone posted above it tells you. They have new stuff in twice a week and some of it really is he most random crap...

Two mile commute

I'd avoid the water bottle and cage. I bought one last year and the cage is easily broken and the thread on the bottle top soon erodes.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Manonabike said:
Aldi's computer have a problem in configuring miles for MTB and Road bike's size wheels..... BUT there is an easy work around. If my memory serves me right you have to set it up for KM and then one needs to get into the settings again and change it to miles and keep the rest of the sattings the same. There are some posts in CC that gives more details...... I have all the instructions somewhere which I could find if anyone wants me to :biggrin:

There used to be a sticky in Know How....it's gone..(I posted it ....can't find it)........

Basically, if the settings said 1234 for the wheel size, you can only get to a minimum size of 1900 or so, so set to 2234 and save it, then go back and change the first 2 to a 1 and save........... don't change the other digits...... - was a software issue in them..... no need to mess with KM/miles - set to the mile option... (might be fixed now - was an input problem.....)

I've got one on my son's 20" MTB and it's been perfect for 2 years.... the one on my own MTB won't break either......(and that's been through all weathers) everything else has been Garmin 705'ed........:tongue:

Blooming good computers, if ugly, but they just work..... The magnets have a habit of falling off after a year, but any bike computer spoke magnet works.

Manonabike

Über Member
fossyant said:
There used to be a sticky in Know How....it's gone..(I posted it ....can't find it)........

Basically, if the settings said 1234 for the wheel size, you can only get to a minimum size of 1900 or so, so set to 2234 and save it, then go back and change the first 2 to a 1 and save........... don't change the other digits...... - was a software issue in them..... no need to mess with KM/miles - set to the mile option... (might be fixed now - was an input problem.....)

I've got one on my son's 20" MTB and it's been perfect for 2 years.... the one on my own MTB won't break either......(and that's been through all weathers) everything else has been Garmin 705'ed........:smile:

Blooming good computers, if ugly, but they just work..... The magnets have a habit of falling off after a year, but any bike computer spoke magnet works.

Here you go

"1. Completely ignore the MPH Wheel Size table - only input the value for KMH.

2. You can use MPH - just switch to it from the ODO screen - press and hold set for 2/3 seconds then change to MPH after the language and then click SET.

3. Small wheel sizes - e.g. kids bikes. The minimum number you can input is 1945 which is about 24". There is a trick though. For a smaller wheel, eg. 20" the value is 1590. Input it as 2590 first, save the settings. Goto the ODO screen, hold set for 2-3 seconds go through Language (press M1) then MPH/KMH (Press M1) then on the Wheel Size, press M2 to change the two to a one - do not press M1 (this will then default the next number to 9 - so 1900 is the minimum now). After changing to a 1, just press set. - the wheel size will be 1590 and suitable for 20". Works a treat.

So completely ignore the MPH wheel sizes - the size is input as the KMH and then when changed to MPH it is automatically adjusted for - blooming stupid instructions.
"

colinr

My sister has requested I get her some jerseys from Aldi today and informs me she is a size 10. I'd guess this would be a Small, could anyone confirm this?

Plax

Guru
colinr said:
My sister has requested I get her some jerseys from Aldi today and informs me she is a size 10. I'd guess this would be a Small, could anyone confirm this?

Yes, get the smallest you can. I'm a size 12 and prefer medium, although I can fit into ladies small. So if she's a size 10 then small it'll be. The ladies small usually goes super fast where I am so be on your toes. I will get the mens small sometimes but it can be a bit on the big side.

allthegear

fossyant said:
What's the soft shell like this time ? And does it come in Red ?

Seems fine - I bought one (red) for 14.99 there were blue ones too I think, also got a couple of shirts.

OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
allthegear said:
Seems fine - I bought one (red) for 14.99 there were blue ones too I think, also got a couple of shirts.

I used last year's soft shell all this winter for commuting and it's been fine - the only gripe is the reflective strips on the back have worn due to my rucksack, although the other reflective strips have stayed on, much better than Altura reflective bits - they fall off after 2 washes (I've got Altura shorts and bib tights)..

Will have a gander later.

Hacienda71

Mancunian in self imposed exile in leafy Cheshire
Just went to the Macclesfield store loads left, got one of the ultra light jackets. Seems good, fits ok and very small so will fit into the back pocket of my cycling top. Musn't grumble for less than a tenner.

Top Bottom