Aldi Time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
fossyant

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The softshell jackets are good, but be warned, they are warm..... I ditched mine in March, but for cold days they are great....

400bhp

Guru
Got some gloves (spare for when my current ones disintegrate)

1 pair of socks

glasses

seat bag (can't believe this comes with tools as well :smile:)

And the tiny little raincoat that folds into a tiny bag.

Great stuff

NigC

One minor issue with the computer, but not enough for me to take it back:

The backlight is a waste of a function! The instructions tell you to hold down the button for 2 seconds and the backlight illuminates for 5 seconds. This is a typo - you have to hold the button for 5 seconds to get a 2 second light. No way will I hold a button for 5 seconds while I'm cycling downhill in the dark, just so I can see what speed I'm doing!

But apart from that, I'm pretty pleased with it :blush:

quidditys_shore

i went to redcar store about noon. there was loads of people crowding around the stuff!

jackets seemed to be going fastest. i got blue jacket, blue shirt, gloves, socks, shorts & 2 underwear all for £43 :blush:

Arch said:
I don't really need anything, but...

Funny, that's the exact same reason I went in my lunch break today and spent £40...

...on glasses, shorts, underwear, softshell jacket, saddlepack, gloves

If someone said "here's a £40 ChainReaction voucher" I'd be thinking that jacket and shorts were a shrewd buy

The contents of the saddlebag are made of finest primula cheese spread but who cares?

tordis

Got some shorts (great!), 2 pairs of gloves and the computer. Thing is, I'm a total dummy when it comes to some gadgets and even though the instructions were pretty clear, I think I did something wrong, as the sensor's not picking up anything. Any ideas why?
Wanted a soft shell, but they only had it in big sizes in my local Aldi. I'll have to ring my sis to see if they have any smaller ones left :evil:

NigC

tordis said:
Got some shorts (great!), 2 pairs of gloves and the computer. Thing is, I'm a total dummy when it comes to some gadgets and even though the instructions were pretty clear, I think I did something wrong, as the sensor's not picking up anything. Any ideas why?
Wanted a soft shell, but they only had it in big sizes in my local Aldi. I'll have to ring my sis to see if they have any smaller ones left :evil:

Have you got the little spoke-magnet alligned with the top or bottom of the sensor? If it's in the middle, it really doesn't work.

tordis

NigC said:
Have you got the little spoke-magnet alligned with the top or bottom of the sensor? If it's in the middle, it really doesn't work.
Hmmm... That could be it! I'll check it when I'm out on my lunch break. I might have put it in the middle, thinking (silly me!) that middle = right :evil:

Beaker39

Did anyone manage to get an XL size cycle shirt? They had every size but only upto large at my local Aldi. They either only went upto large are we are all bloaters round our way!!

fossyant said:
The softshell jackets are good, but be warned, they are warm..... I ditched mine in March, but for cold days they are great....

Mine has gone straight into the "winter wear" cupboard, I feel that I'll be glad of it next winter

NigC

tordis said:
Hmmm... That could be it! I'll check it when I'm out on my lunch break. I might have put it in the middle, thinking (silly me!) that middle = right :wacko:

I did exactly the same yesterday :wahhey: Then I had to find where I'd thrown the instruction manual - I'm a man, so instruction manuals don't really apply :evil::bravo:

Renard

Has anyone fitted the seat pack yet? I was tempted to buy one but I am not sure if they would fit a decent saddle - the illustration shows it on one of those saddles they sell.

Armegatron

quidditys_shore said:
i went to redcar store about noon. there was loads of people crowding around the stuff!

jackets seemed to be going fastest. i got blue jacket, blue shirt, gloves, socks, shorts & 2 underwear all for £43 :biggrin:

Redcar! A local! :biggrin: Im from Eston but went to the Marton Road one. Ill keep an eye out for you - highly likely we'll be wearing matching "sponsored by Aldi" gear ;)

Arch

Married to Night Train
Sheffield_Tiger said:
The contents of the saddlebag are made of finest primula cheese spread but who cares?

I mithered over the saddlepack for a while, but all my bikes have racks, so it wasn't really needed.... I could feel bargain-mania setting in....

Two mile commute

Beaker39 said:
Did anyone manage to get an XL size cycle shirt? They had every size but only upto large at my local Aldi. They either only went upto large are we are all bloaters round our way!!

I bought the XL soft shell. I needed the extra size for the length in the arms at the cost of some growing room in the midriff.

Top Bottom