Aldi Time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mark_Robson

quidditys_shore said:
i wish netto would do cycling stuff! its always aldi & lidl but theres none that close to me
There's one in the town centre according to their website.

http://www.yellowmap.de/Filialfinder/Html/Poi.aspx?SessionGuid=b902ff17-6ac9-41bc-8ebf-61ec705ed25f

Molecule Man

I have quite a bit of Aldi/Lidl bike stuff, mostly quite good.
Another great purchase was an ultrasound cleaning bath, brilliant for cleaning bike bits.
Going off on a tangent, our all-time favourite Lidl item was a £50 microscope with a built-in camera so you can stream the image onto a computer - the image quality is superb for the price, orders of magnitude better than the children's microscopes you can get for not much less.

Mark_Robson

Molecule Man said:
Going off on a tangent, our all-time favourite Lidl item was a £50 microscope with a built-in camera so you can stream the image onto a computer - the image quality is superb for the price, orders of magnitude better than the children's microscopes you can get for not much less.
Agreed, I bought it for my son a couple of years ago and it is absolutely amazing for the price. It certainly beat the Thomas Salter Affair that I had as a kid. I have a reef aquarium and my son loved to watch the copods and other wee beasties that live in the filter, and watching it on the computer is really cool. :smile:
http://www.hotukdeals.com/item/551738/biolux-al-microscope-set-20x-1280x-

The Aldi gear I got last year is still going strong and has been worn regularly, I will be back for more come the 6th.Was not sure about the computer but after reading the comments will def buy one

Mark_Robson

quidditys_shore said:
thanks, but from where i live i've got atleast 2 bus trips & about 1.5hrs to get to the aldis or lidls around me. netto is about 2 mins up the road! LOL
Bummer!!!
Although you could always cycle there.

shippers

I like how they're advertising the underwear that's "ideal for spring mornings" in May. Had they been selling it in Jan or Feb I'd have bought about 4 sets and worn them all together!
I'll have one of those £15 jackets though. Got a long sleeved shirt last year- miles better than shoots I've bought for 3 or 4 times the price!
Also, their sizes are actually sensible- XL isn't 44 inch chest!

Arch

Married to Night Train
shippers said:
I'll have one of those £15 jackets though. Got a long sleeved shirt last year- miles better than shoots I've bought for 3 or 4 times the price!

I can see how any jacket would be better than a shoot, even an expensive one. But what made you pay so much for a shoot?:biggrin:

Top Bottom