Aldi Turbo Trainer......any good ?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dave7

Legendary Member
I dont know how to copy the link by phone so that will probably not work. (edit......link didnt work so I removed it)
Its a "fluid" trainer and costs £70.
Anyone got one or can offer some insight?

steve50

Disenchanted Member

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.

hobbitonabike

Formerly EbonyWillow
We bought a turbo from Aldi. Hubby did one session on it and burnt through the cylinder that sits against the tyre. Did post about it at the time with a pic. Will see if I can find it.

hobbitonabike

Formerly EbonyWillow
This was the result after hubby did a turbo session on the aldi turbo we bought...

Attachments

• 107310-849039fa6441d026d0f455d2a117f500.jpg
    107310-849039fa6441d026d0f455d2a117f500.jpg
    7.8 KB · Views: 711

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
This was the result after hubby did a turbo session on the aldi turbo we bought...
Can't say I've had that problem.
Used mine numerous times over last winter and the drum is showing no signs of wear. Are you sure that the pressure of the tyre against the drum was adjusted properly, looks like it might have been screwed down too hard?
If that happened after you did one session, take it back and get it changed or refunded.

hobbitonabike

Formerly EbonyWillow
I had used it a couple of times and it was fine. Hubby used it once and this happened:laugh: Pretty sure he wouldn't have had it on too hard, he has used turbos for years. It just seemed to collapse like cheese. It never got returned as the receipt had gone walkabout and a friend said he could replace the cylinder for us (which we also haven't got round to. Must stop procrastinating with things!)

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
I had used it a couple of times and it was fine. Hubby used it once and this happened:laugh: Pretty sure he wouldn't have had it on too hard, he has used turbos for years. It just seemed to collapse like cheese. It never got returned as the receipt had gone walkabout and a friend said he could replace the cylinder for us (which we also haven't got round to. Must stop procrastinating with things!)
Did you use different bikes on it?
Maybe not adjusted between bike change?

Top Bottom